Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: NEW video configuration dialog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi there,

Now that config profiles are gone, the video config dialog code FINALLY is clean enough to actually improve it again.

This is a WIP design of the new video configuration layout, things which I changed:
- introduced a "speed hacks" tab. With that I hope to make it more clear, which options should be cared about by end users and which shouldn't.
- somewhat regrouped the options in general. Moved anything which is NOT an actual enhancement out of the enhancements frame, etc
- renamed numerous options, hoping that they are a little bit more meaningful now.

So, here's the current design:
[Image: dolphin-vcd.png?t=1303902858]
The speed hacks tab is designed to be most accurate with ALL options disabled and fastest with ALL options enabled.

Let me now what you think of it and how you'd improve it Wink
(04-27-2011, 09:18 PM)NeoBrain Wrote: [ -> ]The speed hacks tab is designed to be most accurate with ALL options disabled and fastest with ALL options enabled.
For regular Dolphin users this will need some time to get used to, since a lot of checkbox options have a negative result now when checked. I understand the reasoning behind it but it seems a bit unnatural this way. As for the rest of the redesign i like it.
Yeah I know that it's a bit confusing in the beginning, but I think it's a better solution in the long run. Others are free to comment on this though, maybe I'll change my opinion Tongue

For what it's worth, I'm thinking about changing the "Texture/RAM" and "Virtual/Real" stuff for EFB/XFB to merely "Fast/Accurate". What do you think about this?
That's still too complicated. Maybe try just making a big toggle button that is either green or red. Text is just so confusing
lame.

demote neobrain and revert the changes! ;p
Fwiw, texture cache options replaced:
[Image: dolphin-vcd2.png?t=1303910381]
why bother? the texture cache as we know it is getting replaced anyway :p
(04-27-2011, 11:36 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: [ -> ]why bother? the texture cache as we know it is getting replaced anyway :p

Yeah, Nolan's work is amazing so far, still it will get released after 3.0 (which i hope will come soon since development has slowed to almost a halt after it's announcement).
(04-27-2011, 11:36 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: [ -> ]why bother? the texture cache as we know it is getting replaced anyway :p

It's not like it was particularly hard to implement... Big Grin
(04-27-2011, 11:20 PM)NeoBrain Wrote: [ -> ]Fwiw, texture cache options replaced:
[Image: dolphin-vcd2.png?t=1303910381]

Is fastest off?
Pages: 1 2 3 4