Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: GC Paper mario missing sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I looked everywhere on the forum and only found one post on this subject and it was on september of 09. Anyway I didnt know if this was a hardware issue or an emulator issue, but on paper mario thousand year door in the begining when the but drops off mario and the boat flips it turns into a discolored block.

Then when you fight the first boss and the hoarde of guys come out to attack you it only shows thier shadows. On the previous post I was talking about they had some kind of patch but I had no idea how to input it. Also Ive downloaded R7483, 84, 85. I can play Eternal Darkness PERFECTLY. Anyway I was just wondering since its been so long ago, and these new revisions do the same thing, I was wondering if there was a fix. Other than that Dolphin is FANTASTIC! I use my 32bit system more than my 64bit

My Pc specs are
I7 950 OC 4.2
Sli 580GTX
Win 7 Ultimate 32
6GB ram(2.49 usable)
(04-27-2011, 06:12 PM)kingcye Wrote: [ -> ]I looked everywhere on the forum and only found one post on this subject and it was on september of 09. Anyway I didnt know if this was a hardware issue or an emulator issue, but on paper mario thousand year door in the begining when the but drops off mario and the boat flips it turns into a discolored block.

Then when you fight the first boss and the hoarde of guys come out to attack you it only shows thier shadows. On the previous post I was talking about they had some kind of patch but I had no idea how to input it. Also Ive downloaded R7483, 84, 85. I can play Eternal Darkness PERFECTLY. Anyway I was just wondering since its been so long ago, and these new revisions do the same thing, I was wondering if there was a fix. Other than that Dolphin is FANTASTIC! I use my 32bit system more than my 64bit

My Pc specs are
I7 950 OC 4.2
Sli 580GTX
Win 7 Ultimate 32
6GB ram(2.49 usable)

Why the heck do you have 32-bit installed on a 6GB computer that is a huge waste of RAM.
(04-28-2011, 01:57 AM)kingcye Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-27-2011, 09:44 PM)ryancollins Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-27-2011, 06:12 PM)kingcye Wrote: [ -> ]I looked everywhere on the forum and only found one post on this subject and it was on september of 09. Anyway I didnt know if this was a hardware issue or an emulator issue, but on paper mario thousand year door in the begining when the but drops off mario and the boat flips it turns into a discolored block.

My Pc specs are
I7 950 OC 4.2
Sli 580GTX
Win 7 Ultimate 32
6GB ram(2.49 usable)

Why the heck do you have 32-bit installed on a 6GB computer that is a huge waste of RAM.

Older programs dont work well or at all in 64bit os. Thats why I use my 32bit as opposed to my 64bit.

then use your RAM somewhere else(or give it to meTongue) or use a VM like virtualbox.
(04-28-2011, 02:46 AM)ryancollins Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-28-2011, 01:57 AM)kingcye Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-27-2011, 09:44 PM)ryancollins Wrote: [ -> ]

My Pc specs are
I7 950 OC 4.2
Sli 580GTX
Win 7 Ultimate 32
6GB ram(2.49 usable)

Older programs dont work well or at all in 64bit os. Thats why I use my 32bit as opposed to my 64bit.

then use your RAM somewhere else(or give it to meTongue) or use a VM like virtualbox.

Thats like saying my I7 has "too many" cores and its a waste because there are not that many programs that fully utilize all of the x-tra cores when one is fully maxed out. Older programs that I run dont work well or at all in 64bit os (16 bit installers and 32bit drivers will not run in 64bit os at all) and running that xp evironment sucks because even though its running the compatabilty mode it still has to interact with the 64bit os and its actually kind of sluggish. Vitural box is the worst. VB 3.0 is so slow on my linux box and windows!

So now that Win7 64bit has gotten popular developers are writing and rewriting software to specifically use 64bit os's because really if the program you're running maxes out at 2GB of ram having more ram wont make it go faster, but you can open more applications without slowing down the machine because you have more ram in the 64bit os. So unless you're using programs like photoshop and maya (which I am) then running like 3 appllications on 64bit os and the 32 bit don't have much of a visible performance diffrence. Now if you're a multi tasking monster and you have itunes, 20 windows open, watching a movie, writting a paper and making a web page then yeah you'd see a diffrence where the 64bit shines but I dont do that often in either os. Either way whether its 32bit or 64bit my computer still stomps anything I give it performance wise.

Thanks for the criticism and not even answering the topic at all.
(04-28-2011, 03:27 AM)kingcye Wrote: [ -> ]Thats like saying my I7 has "too many" cores and its a waste because there are not that many programs that fully utilize all of the x-tra cores when one is fully maxed out. Older programs that I run dont work well or at all in 64bit os (16 bit installers and 32bit drivers will not run in 64bit os at all) and running that xp evironment sucks because even though its running the compatabilty mode it still has to interact with the 64bit os and its actually kind of sluggish. Vitural box is the worst. VB 3.0 is so slow on my linux box and windows!

dude thats old try 4.0

(04-28-2011, 03:27 AM)kingcye Wrote: [ -> ]Thats like saying my I7 has "too many" cores and its a waste because there are not that many programs that fully utilize all of the x-tra cores when one is fully maxed out.

It dose, who uses 8 cores except video encoders?

(04-28-2011, 03:27 AM)kingcye Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the criticism and not even answering the topic at all.

you are welcomeBig Grin
(01-31-2011, 08:02 AM)KHRZ Wrote: [ -> ]No, there's no fix, the emulator doesn't have support for the feature the game uses to achieve this.

and

(01-31-2011, 08:21 AM)NeoBrain Wrote: [ -> ]And no, there wont be any solution for that anytime soon... if there had been one, it would've been mentioned in the corresponding game thread. Search function and stuff.

Love the quoting optionBig Grin
(04-28-2011, 03:55 AM)ryancollins Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-28-2011, 03:27 AM)kingcye Wrote: [ -> ]Thats like saying my I7 has "too many" cores and its a waste because there are not that many programs that fully utilize all of the x-tra cores when one is fully maxed out. Older programs that I run dont work well or at all in 64bit os (16 bit installers and 32bit drivers will not run in 64bit os at all) and running that xp evironment sucks because even though its running the compatabilty mode it still has to interact with the 64bit os and its actually kind of sluggish. Vitural box is the worst. VB 3.0 is so slow on my linux box and windows!

dude thats old try 4.0

(04-28-2011, 03:27 AM)kingcye Wrote: [ -> ]Thats like saying my I7 has "too many" cores and its a waste because there are not that many programs that fully utilize all of the x-tra cores when one is fully maxed out.

It dose, who uses 8 cores except video encoders?

(04-28-2011, 03:27 AM)kingcye Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the criticism and not even answering the topic at all.

you are welcomeBig Grin

UUUUUHHHHHH Photoshop, lightwave 3d, maya 3d, Cubase (audio), Nero (burns stuff incase you didnt know), Prime95, VMware, Heaven or most benchmark software, Protools (audio) Im 17 and I know that duh. And I ment to put 4 not 3 on VB oops. So I guess you've got a P4 or a dual core and just browse the internet and play games. In that case I just saved you years worth of tuition with that answer lol. you were trolling me were'nt you?
(04-28-2011, 04:08 AM)Baltzatu Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-31-2011, 08:02 AM)KHRZ Wrote: [ -> ]No, there's no fix, the emulator doesn't have support for the feature the game uses to achieve this.

and

(01-31-2011, 08:21 AM)NeoBrain Wrote: [ -> ]And no, there wont be any solution for that anytime soon... if there had been one, it would've been mentioned in the corresponding game thread. Search function and stuff.

Love the quoting optionBig Grin

How did you find that because I looked everywhere on this FORUM?! And thank you so much, Ill try to look harder next time.
(04-28-2011, 04:47 AM)kingcye Wrote: [ -> ]UUUUUHHHHHH Photoshop, lightwave 3d, maya 3d, Cubase (audio), Nero (burns stuff incase you didnt know), Prime95, VMware, Heaven or most benchmark software, Protools (audio) Im 17 and I know that duh. And I ment to put 4 not 3 on VB oops. So I guess you've got a P4 or a dual core and just browse the internet and play games. In that case I just saved you years worth of tuition with that answer lol. you were trolling me were'nt you?

How did you save me money and...
Yes, yes I was trolling youBig Grin
(04-28-2011, 04:58 AM)ryancollins Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-28-2011, 04:47 AM)kingcye Wrote: [ -> ]UUUUUHHHHHH Photoshop, lightwave 3d, maya 3d, Cubase (audio), Nero (burns stuff incase you didnt know), Prime95, VMware, Heaven or most benchmark software, Protools (audio) Im 17 and I know that duh. And I ment to put 4 not 3 on VB oops. So I guess you've got a P4 or a dual core and just browse the internet and play games. In that case I just saved you years worth of tuition with that answer lol. you were trolling me were'nt you?

How did you save me money and...
Yes, yes I was trolling youBig Grin

I saved you money so you dont have to go to college and flunk out so with You can have money to buy a new emo album, or skateboard, or a quad core processor or a book on how computers work lol! Unless..... your parents are rich or you're already 40 and you flunked out and now you're just bitter and hate people thats why you troll lol! Its not your fault just your upbringing, but just like you "I like to help". LOL! Besides trolling is just a sad sad way to get attention because you're negleted or a loser or both. Are you lonely? Well you got my attention buddy. Do you want a hug or a milkshake. I can google a psychologist for you. Will that help? Where do you live LMAO!
@Kingcye

your words hold little value when you have a computer with 6GB of ram and less than 3GB is used. not only that, you give a poor excuse for the reason why

if you want to sound smart, do something useful and contribute to the forum with ---> useful <--- information
or improve Dolphin by supporting it on google code
or deal with it
Pages: 1 2 3