Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: help me find optimal graphics please?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to be posting this. I'm new to using this program. If anyone can help me with what settings to set and to what I'd appreciate

My system is an i7-950, 6gb memory and 2 MSI GTX 460 Talon attack hawks GPU.

Using revision 7442 x64.

I'd appreciate it.

I'm not exactly sure what to set and how to pull off the max i can handle. I'm new to using this program
(04-11-2011, 08:29 AM)aceofpilots Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to be posting this. I'm new to using this program. If anyone can help me with what settings to set and to what I'd appreciate

Using revision 7442 x64.

I'd appreciate it.

I'm not exactly sure what to set and how to pull off the max i can handle. I'm new to using this program

Read this.
(04-11-2011, 08:44 AM)ryancollins Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-11-2011, 08:29 AM)aceofpilots Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to be posting this. I'm new to using this program. If anyone can help me with what settings to set and to what I'd appreciate

Using revision 7442 x64.

I'd appreciate it.

Read this.

i did all that but that doesnt seem optimal. i mean why is he using direct3d9 and not direct3d11?
Well that guide isn't completely up to date dx 11 has made alot of progress recently, I would say that dx 9 and 11 are pretty close at this point speed wise. This was the config from my laptop, but i have a one 460 on my desktop at home. I'm not sure if you can do dolphin with SLI or not. But you gpu is powerful enough on dx 11 to pull max AA openCL, Some games will need efb to ram, and some will need pixel depth as well, so that really something you have to figure out
(04-11-2011, 09:37 AM)jonnyboyC Wrote: [ -> ]Well that guide isn't completely up to date dx 11 has made alot of progress recently, I would say that dx 9 and 11 are pretty close at this point speed wise. This was the config from my laptop, but i have a one 460 on my desktop at home. I'm not sure if you can do dolphin with SLI or not. But you gpu is powerful enough on dx 11 to pull max AA openCL, Some games will need efb to ram, and some will need pixel depth as well, so that really something you have to figure out

i appreciate the thumbnails. im not all that familiar with mobile GPU's.

If someone can take thumbnails of their setup closer to mine that would be awesome
(04-11-2011, 09:37 AM)jonnyboyC Wrote: [ -> ]Well that guide isn't completely up to date dx 11 has made alot of progress recently, I would say that dx 9 and 11 are pretty close at this point speed wise.

WRONG. D3D9 is still much faster in various scenarios...
(04-11-2011, 10:01 AM)NeoBrain Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-11-2011, 09:37 AM)jonnyboyC Wrote: [ -> ]Well that guide isn't completely up to date dx 11 has made alot of progress recently, I would say that dx 9 and 11 are pretty close at this point speed wise.

WRONG. D3D9 is still much faster in various scenarios...

So what would you recommend as the absolute best settings for my hardware? i've noticed the graphic detail isnt as nice as a wii =\
(04-11-2011, 09:37 AM)jonnyboyC Wrote: [ -> ]This was the config from my laptop, but i have a one 460 on my desktop at home. I'm not sure if you can do dolphin with SLI or not.
I'm not sure what you're trying to hint at with that config, but it pretty much sucks for anything but some real picky games.. then again for running those you miss the Real XFB, so I guess the settings are just real crap Big Grin
(04-11-2011, 10:03 AM)aceofpilots Wrote: [ -> ]So what would you recommend as the absolute best settings for my hardware? i've noticed the graphic detail isnt as nice as a wii =\
The "fastest" settings are explained like a thousand times already around here on the forums, I certainly won't explain it a 1001st time...
Well i know what my setting are for my home rig, so i just configure it like that, I turned off AA because that's really up to you, and as i said before about pixel depth and efb copies that really depends on the game as well. So that would be my recommended settings for dx 11. At this point though dx 9 is probably overall a bit more stable then dx 11, so you could always use the same setting in dx 9 if the dx 11 isn't working.

The other thing i just realized is i had the widescreen hack on in my config. If your using a widescreen monitor i personally prefer it because it look more natural, but as a hack it does creat some kinda weird artifacts sometimes
(04-11-2011, 10:03 AM)NeoBrain Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-11-2011, 09:37 AM)jonnyboyC Wrote: [ -> ]This was the config from my laptop, but i have a one 460 on my desktop at home. I'm not sure if you can do dolphin with SLI or not.
I'm not sure what you're trying to hint at with that config, but it pretty much sucks for anything but some real picky games.. then again for running those you miss the Real XFB, so I guess the settings are just real crap Big Grin
(04-11-2011, 10:03 AM)aceofpilots Wrote: [ -> ]So what would you recommend as the absolute best settings for my hardware? i've noticed the graphic detail isnt as nice as a wii =\
The "fastest" settings are explained like a thousand times already around here on the forums, I certainly won't explain it a 1001st time...

no need to be rude. I can understand the fact people probably ask it often and some get annoyed, but wouldnt settings vary from one person to another? Why even bother posting in a thread asking for such things then if you have no reason to help?

I was just hoping someone with similar hardware or least have the knowledge to know what to change
Pages: 1 2 3