Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Help With Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok I am new to this emulator and Im not sure of a few things #1 I tried to run metroid prime on a dolphin 32Xwin and it slows down during the space opening. Then I tried a dolphin 86X same issue

I will put my computer specs here so you can tell me if I'm lacking anywhere, I believe Im definitly lacking in the Graphics Card department. But I want to make sure Im not lacking anywhere else as well.

Processor
Name : Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600

Specification
Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q6600 @2.40GHz
Family 6 Model F Stepping B
Ext Family 6 Ext Model F Revision G0
Instructions MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, EM64T

Cloks (Core #0) (Core #1) (Core #2) (Core #3) Cache
Core Speed 1600.1 MHz -2400.1 MHz L1 Data 4X32Kbytes
Multiplier X6.0 L1 Inst 4X32Kbytes
Bus Speed 266.7 MHz Level 2 2X4096Kbytes
Rated FSB 1066.9 MHz

Cores 4 Threads 4

Mother board
Manufacturer-Acer
Model MCP73PV NVIDIA MCP73
Chipset NVIDIA Geforce 7100 Rev.A2 (Im Using On Board Graphics Card)
SouthBridge NVIDIA nForce 630i

Memory DDR2 3072MBytes

Now my problems are

#1 Do I use a 32X or a 86X (64X wont run for me and says incompatible) X_x

#2 Do I need a better graphics card, what would u suggest and how expensive is it

#3 Do I need anything else

#4 Will my computer be able to handle Wii games as well

Thank you very much for any answers you may be able to provide !!
Downloading games is illegal, read rules before posting and be prepared to be hit by Daco's banhammer
i thought u were allowed as long as u own the original game X_x how else can u get the gamecube games how else are you supposed to use the emulator for that matter
The easier way is to dump games using Wii, but if you have Gamecube you need to use some Gamecube USB adapter.

Anyways, the game's copyrights allow you to obtain only one copy of the game. By downloading, you're stealing other person's copyrights and you're having 2 copies of the game and it's illega
(05-29-2009, 08:34 AM)nosound97 Wrote: [ -> ]The easier way is to dump games using Wii, but if you have Gamecube you need to use some Gamecube USB adapter.

Anyways, the game's copyrights allow you to obtain only one copy of the game. By downloading, you're stealing other person's copyrights and you're having 2 copies of the game and it's illega

ok than thanks i wont do it again where how can i dump wii games and where can i buy the gamecube usb adapter

also could u help me out with my 1st part of the post
There are a WHOLE bunch of sites that give very detailed explanations of how to backup your Wii games. Just do a simple search w/Google.

As for your other issue, Dolphin 32x and x86 are both the same. You're referring to the 32 bit version of Dolphin. Chances are your operating system is only 32 bit, so you can't run the 64 bit version. Your graphics card is fine. It's CPU power that's the most important. Dolphin is going to treat your quad 2.4 as a dual core, and it's not fast enough to play Metroid Prime at full speed. It's very demanding. I have a dual 2.2 and it won't run faster than 14 fps when I get deeper into the intro, and in game.
So i wont be able to play Wii or gamecube games, what do u need in order to run it like a supercomputer lol i just bought this computer it cost me 800$ well with a moniter but geez how much more power do u need to get it to run something as simple as metroid prime i would figure if u cant even run prime then u prolly cant run wii games eigher
You can actually run a lot of games just fine with your system. But some games, like Metroid, require a very fast CPU.
(05-29-2009, 12:57 PM)envisaged0ne Wrote: [ -> ]You can actually run a lot of games just fine with your system. But some games, like Metroid, require a very fast CPU.

how about wii games would it play mario kart
punchout
smash bros brawl

with the specs i have
It should. I don't own an actual Wii, but people have said that the Wii requirements aren't much different than the GC.
Pages: 1 2