Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: 13 inch Macbooks.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Mirai89

Hello,
I'm pondering whether to buy a high end 13 inch, and one of the thing I want to do, is to finally play Viewtiful Joe, Rogue Squadron, Super Smash Bros Brawl, and a couple more Smile
I just wanted to know if anyone has a Macbook Pro 13 inch i7 2.7GHZ Model, Graphics Intel 3000 and their experiences of them? Would there be any difference if Windows 7 x64 was used instead?
Also, I was thinking of the 15 inch, but for what I'm going to use it for, i don't think it could justify the high price for it.
Many thanks, this could sway me Smile
Quote:i don't think it could justify the high price for it.

You can never justify apple's pricing system for ANY of their computers.

You would likely get a much better experience using bootcamp + windows 7 and you would have to keep your graphics settings at bare minimum with that embedded gpu. Also rogue squadron does not run well (as in without major issues) on ANY computer. It still has major alpha and z ordering issues.

Or your could get a good laptop with superior hardware for a fraction of the price (but it won't be designed by apple, and for some reason some people think that alone is worth $1,300), your choice.
$1,300
with only the i7 integrated gpu?
that shit is selling apple?
ok why not... there are nearly no mac games on the market Big Grin

Mirai89

That isn't what I asked I'm afraid, I just want to know of anyone who has these MacBooks on their experiences with Dolphin, nothing else Smile
Cheers
you got your answer from NaturalViolence

use windows for Dolphin
that mac with integrated graphics will be crap for playing Dolphin

almost every person with a high post count will tell you to NOT use a mac for Dolphin
Buy the other brand (Acer,Asus,IBM-Lenovo) with gfx card : Nvidia GT540 , Nvidia GT550 or Ati 5730 ,Ati 5650 and save money for SSD
Btw Macbooks can heat alot compare to the others
I would only use a Macbook if I was working on a advertising bureau and with that kind of business.
Macbooks for games and emulation are jokes, sorry.

Mirai89

Seems like that's gonna be the best mature answer im going to get on these forums I reckon, Thanks anyway Smile
Quote:$1,300
with only the i7 integrated gpu?
that shit is selling apple?

No no no. You mistunderstood my post. That laptop will cost $2,000. I meant that apple charges an extra $1,300 over what it's actually worth just because they're apple (the apple tax).
If you can find a 15inches Mac Book Pro with a Geforce 3xx or 4xx or Radeon 6xxx inside + one of these i7 , you'll be in real GOOD conditions to play your games ( need at least i7 2xxx @2.5-3Ghz )

Of course Apple is expensive , but that's not what OP asked for , and you can install both Osx and 7 on these computers , of course you'll get better perfs with 7 even on your Mac with Dolphin , because most of the games are smoother atm with Dx than Ogl , and there is no Dx in Osx .

i still have my Powerbook from 2002 and its still there ,I wouldn't even think of a pc that I could still use in 10 years!
Pages: 1 2