Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Version Guide needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys,

i found it interessting to play gamecube games (or wii) on pc so want to try this emulator.
As a newcomer i have no idea which Download i should choose -
i have a Vaio Notebook with:
i7 Core
Geforce 330m Gt 1gb ram
4gb ram
ssd
Win 7 Professional 64bit

What would be the best Version to play Zelda Twilight (GC) on my pc?
i heard that the 64bit version is slower thant the 32bit Version - that true?

By the way - is it even possible to play it with a ps3 controller?
And if its possible - do i need an extra ps3 driver or is it included.

thanks for all and good luck for making the emu better and better!
- there are a LOT of different i7 processors, give the model number (eg. i7-2600...)
- try and look at the "SVN Revision Discussion" for info about what to use
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=15955
- use 64bit if you have 64bit computer
- i believe its possible to use a PS3 controller, but i have not done so myself
I can vouch for the PS3 controller working with the GC version, as i used it in order to play the game on my TV rather than my pc monitor.
which i7? guess it doesnt matter but its a M620

so i will just take the 2.0 release, hope zelda tp works..

as far is i understood this, the revision version is a modified version by someone who wants to help the dolphin team or someone else.... -> found threads about virus infestions, guess a revision version has a higher risk for virus and such things

sorry if iam wrong^^ new here
None of the svn builds have viruses. People on the other hand have retarded virus detection software.

And no. The svn builds are made by the same people who made 2.0. It's an open-source project so anyone can contribute (ALL versions of dolphin were made by volunteers). Developers make changes/improvements to the code. Every time they do it creates a new revision so that we can keep of the changes by number. Every once and awhile the developers say "this is a good place to stop" and release the current svn build as an official build (like 2.0). Then go right back to making more changes.

2.0 RC is r5186
2.0 release is r5350
(04-04-2011, 02:55 AM)Zunder Wrote: [ -> ]which i7? guess it doesnt matter but its a M620
What the hell? You asked a question regarding performance without saying your CPU model, someone asked you for your model implying it is important and you still question it's relevance?

Anyways, just a note, it's the other way around, 64 bit>32 bit.
You can download MotionInJoy drivers to configure your PS3 controller to work on PC.

Connect it through USB if you don't have a bluetooth dongle.
@natural
- thanks for this information. im sorry iam new here.
i played zelda tp (gc) on dolphin 2.0 64bit rc from the website and had some bugs, there is a square in the window and frames dropt from max to 20 sometimes..
which version would you recommend to play zelda tp?

@schwimmer,
i just thought every i7 core is fast enough to handle this emulator. it is a i7M620

@nikoo
this was the biggest problem, ps3 xbox controller should be compatible without extra driver Big Grin
first i was using this driver, but it doesnt work on 64bit system.

http://www.forumla.de/attachments/sony-p...ber_pc.zip

then i downloaded this motion joy prog. they said i have to change some options in bios(64bit version) because the driver is unsigned - lol wouldnt do this at all.
i have bluetooth and usb, could you give a little instruction how to install it on a 64bit system?
still cant use my ps3 controller.. if this works im happy^^
Not all mobile i7 is good for dolphin . This i7 is a dual core , default clock speed at 2.67ghz (TB 3.33ghz) which is good for dolphin
The others ,for ex : i7 720m 1.6ghz(TB 2.8ghz) which is a quad core but due to high temp ,it never stay at 2.8ghz all the time
Quote:- thanks for this information. im sorry iam new here.
i played zelda tp (gc) on dolphin 2.0 64bit rc from the website and had some bugs, there is a square in the window and frames dropt from max to 20 sometimes..
which version would you recommend to play zelda tp?

Any revision 6075 or higher will work fine.
Pages: 1 2