Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Opengl renderer??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I tried to the play the Gamecube game, Pokemon Colosseum. It got ready to start emulating the ISO, and then a window poped up. It said:

"Can't create opengl renderer. You might be missing some required opengl extensions, check the logs for more info."

I clicked OK and then another window said:

"The inscruction at "0x7c9113c0" referenced memory at "0x6e49206f". The memory could not be "written".

Click on OK to terminate the program"

How do I fix this? I would like to play this game before I get un-grounded from my wii.

All help is apreciated.

thank you in advence! Smile
Direct X is out of date.
Download the new redistributable or web installer.

i'm not 100% sure about this, but it is most likely the problem.
Somtimes diagnosis of computer ailments is a guessing game, and seeing as how i have limited information to work with in your case, this is the best i can do.

(post all of your system specs, so that its easier to help)
Which version of Directx do I need? I just got DX9 a few hours ago which solved a problem with the pad plugins.

Do I need DX10?
More likely Rashira has a rather crappy video card, if so there's not much to do except wait for the ogl plugin to be fixed. (Which may never happen).

Or you could try the last working build of the directx video plugin.
Er, no you dont.

"The inscruction at "0x7c9113c0" referenced memory at "0x6e49206f". The memory could not be "written".

Click on OK to terminate the program"

this sounds like an issue i was getting when trying to use Direct X plugin with Dolphin

Which version of dolphin are you using?

Post a screenshot (press print screen button above insert. then paste the pic in Paint and save it as a JPG) of all of your settings and plugin choices for Dolphin.
I am using build...3286

The new one.

Also, my settings and plugin choices are all set to default.
Ketchup, there's no reason you'd need to update dx in order to use the ogl plugin :p

After the ogl context creation fails, who knows what will happen...it's not very friendly code after such a failure Smile

Rashira also try nv control panel -> Manage 3d settings -> global -> extension limit = off (If you have an nv graphics card)

It would help to post your computers specs
Rashira you're going to have to provide more info or no one is going to be able to help you.

If you send me a PM i will respond with instructions on how to find this information and take a screenshot so that you can post it here.
i got that too when i was trying to run super smash bros melee
(05-28-2009, 11:33 AM)Ketchup Wrote: [ -> ]Rashira you're going to have to provide more info or no one is going to be able to help you.

If you send me a PM i will respond with instructions on how to find this information and take a screenshot so that you can post it here.
you look stupid to me
why would he need to pm you for help? so far you've posted complete bullshit

also
few things
opengl might not be able to render because:

-Your Gpu sucks
-You are running in single core mode
- windows advanced text service is killing your dolphin (unlikely)
- Driver Issue
- Nvidia's Extention limit

possible Fixes:
-switch to dual core mode
-update driver
-disable advanced text service on dolphin (right click the exe, go to compatiblity and disbale it there)
-Disable Extention limit just like shuffle said
if those fail,you are boned
Pages: 1 2 3