Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is there any possiblity in the future to play wbfs files ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Big Grin Before all let me tell you I am very happy with this amazing wii emulator, thanks it works very well!!!, but let me tell you that I am unhappy after seeing that theres no way to opening wbfs files.... Undecided I am wondering if Is there any possibility in the near future to improve dolphin emulator with this feature ? you know, wbfs files are very small files and I am feel I am wasting my time converting them to larger iso files just to loading them into dolphin emulator.

Developers stated there are currently no plans to implement wbfs support. Just compress to .gcz using Dolphin's built in compression utility, it's compresses just as well or better than wbfs.
(03-18-2011, 12:22 PM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]Developers stated there are currently no plans to implement wbfs support. Just compress to .gcz using Dolphin's built in compression utility, it's compresses just as well or better than wbfs.

Oh I see, thanks.

GI_Lives_In_OZ

(03-18-2011, 12:25 PM)svr32 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-18-2011, 12:22 PM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]Developers stated there are currently no plans to implement wbfs support. Just compress to .gcz using Dolphin's built in compression utility, it's compresses just as well or better than wbfs.

Oh I see, thanks.

First I like the general feel of this emulator and its overall ability as well.

However is seems rather wasteful of time resources, hard drive space to muck around to convert WBFS files to ISO or supported format so that Dolphin can convert it with it's own compression utility.

Would be easier for all to include it as one of the supported files.

Simple facts are that ISO's and WBFS are more of a standard format than most others.
Having said that there may be other better suited compressions but less used in the mainstream. Thus by providing WBFS Dolphin will gain more acceptance as a GC/Wii emulator and gain longevity from it.

Wonder if competitors emulators have WBFS emulation? Would rather Dolphin be best emulator but if not well what can one say.

Why not use a program called Wii Backup Manager and convert the .wbfs files to a plain .iso file.
That's what I've been using recently.
(12-01-2011, 06:42 PM)GI_Lives_In_OZ Wrote: [ -> ]Wonder if competitors emulators have WBFS emulation? Would rather Dolphin be best emulator but if not well what can one say.
It's not like there are any competitive Wii emulators out there... Tongue
The competition for GC/Wii emulation is pretty much nil.
Dolphin is really the only emulator that I have heard of capable of running these games almost better then the real hardware.

If there is any other emulators then they're light years away in development.
(12-01-2011, 10:09 PM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]The competition for GC/Wii emulation is pretty much nil.
Dolphin is really the only emulator that I have heard of capable of running these games almost better then the real hardware.

If there is any other emulators then they're light years away in development.

Yeah considering the other emulators don't support Wii emulation and have basic GC emulation that can only run a small handful of commercial titles with poor compatibility and speed. No pad support, Wii support, no audio in Zelda/Mario games and most other games that those emulators support.

Screw WBFS, .GCZ is way better, man. Compress both and compare, it's true. WBFS is mainly for use on real Wii anyway, there's no reason to have it on Dolphin. [color=#DCDCDC]Other than downloading pirated wbfses over the internet and playing directly on dolphin because you're too lazy of a pirate to uncompress the isos. HAH. Just kidding. Or maybe not. Whatever.
[/color]
So there's no reason to support it I think.

(12-01-2011, 06:42 PM)GI_Lives_In_OZ Wrote: [ -> ]Wonder if competitors emulators have WBFS emulation? Would rather Dolphin be best emulator but if not well what can one say.

Good luck playing your Mickey race game with internal resolution and 4 frames per second then.

TC72

(12-03-2011, 02:40 PM)Silentsurvivor Wrote: [ -> ]Screw WBFS, .GCZ is way better, man. Compress both and compare, it's true. WBFS is mainly for use on real Wii anyway, there's no reason to have it on Dolphin. [color=#DCDCDC]Other than downloading pirated wbfses over the internet and playing directly on dolphin because you're too lazy of a pirate to uncompress the isos. HAH. Just kidding. Or maybe not. Whatever.
[/color]
So there's no reason to support it I think.

Good luck playing your Mickey race game with internal resolution and 4 frames per second then.

Just found out about this emulator and I have a very good reason why WBFS should be supported. As soon as I downloaded dolphin today I took my USB hard disk full of WBFS
Wii images and plugged it into my mac hoping to be able to use the same files as I use on my Wii. Now I find out that all the ISOs I spent ages converting to WBFS to save space now have to be converted back to ISO to use with Dolphin.

It's a shame as it would make things so much easier to share between a real Wii and the dolphin emulator.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5