Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Building Dolphin without CG - portability issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everybody,

I am trying to get Dolphin working on FreeBSD. Unfortunately Nvidia's closed-source CG toolkit is not available for this platform. A CG-free video plugin for Dolphin would be a great step to a more portable emulator. Is that on you TODO list ?

Thanks a lot for you work !

LuisR14

i think it was CG free before Smile (then they ported it to CG Undecided)
(05-25-2009, 08:55 AM)LuisR14 Wrote: [ -> ]i think it was CG free before Smile (then they ported it to CG Undecided)

Unfortunately, I don't think so. I have crawled into the SVN repository : first revisions already made use of Cg :/ Thanks for the hint anyway.

LuisR14

probably before they made it open-source? Undecided
(05-25-2009, 08:53 PM)LuisR14 Wrote: [ -> ]probably before they made it open-source? Undecided

Yes, that is possible ! I hope developpers will hear me and consider adding (or coming back to) support for a Cg-free video plugin :p
Na, currently both directx and opengl plugins use Cg (I don't remember a time when the OpenGL plugin didn't?). This makes a lot of things simpler and better Smile I don't foresee any of the plugins on dolphin's svn going back to HLSL/GLSL. So, better get working if you want one :p