Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: problem with Metal Gear Solid in gamecube
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
hi

i use Dolphin for run Metal Gear Solid the twin snakes in my PC

then Dolphin show that message

Quote:can't create opengl renderer. you might be missing some required opengl extensions, check the logs for more info

Quote:the instruction at "0x7c9113c0" referenced memory at "0x6e49206f". the memory could not be "written".

Huh
1st, make sure your graphics card is supported by Dolphin if you're going to use the OGL plugin. Your graphics card needs to fully support OpenGL 2.1.

If you've determined you're good to go there, then make sure you've installed the latest drivers for your graphics card. If you're running Win7, don't use the WDDM drivers, go to the mfg's website and install the latest drivers for Win Vista.

Also, as a side note, also make sure you've downloaded the Microsoft DirectX Updater and VC++ 2008 SP1 from the Dolphin Requirments sticky in the General Discussion forums.
How can i know ?

Processor: Intel® Atom™ CPU N270 @ 1.60GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 1014MB RAM
DirectX version: DirectX 9.0c
graphic device: Mobile Intel® 945 Express Chipset Family
Well, there are several ways to see what graphics card you have. And other ways to find out if it supports OGL 2.1.
I'll have you list your graphics card and see if I can figure it out. Go to start, then Run, then type in DXDIAG.
When the menu pops up, click on the Display tab and tell me what it says for the name of your graphics card.

EDIT: DUH! I didn't see that you listed the graphics device. Sorry! Unfortuntley your intel graphics card doesn't support OGL 2.1. You can use a working Direct3d driver. Look for a post by LuisR14 (should be really easy to find), and download the file in his signature and put it in the plugins folder. Unfortuntley the driver is pretty buggy compared to the OGL one, but it's an alternative.
graphic device: Mobile Intel ® 945 Express Chipset Family Big Grin
Yeah, I tried to edit the post before you responded lol.

Here is the link to the DX9 plugin that should work for you
http://cid-47d60daecd484d97.skydrive.liv...deoDX9.dll

Again, make sure you've downloaded the Microsoft DirectX Updater and VC 2008++ SP1 from the Dolphin Requirements sticky in the General Discussion forums.
now i installing VC 2008++

but before it's complete i change graphics plugin to Dolphin Direct3D 9
and run the game

Quote:sorry, bur it looks like your 3D accelerator is too old, or doesn't support features that Dolphin requires. Falling back to software vertex processing.

Quote:Warning - your graphics card does not support multiple render targets.
Did you also run the Microsoft DirectX Updater? Other than that, I dunno what to tell you. LuisR14 (or someone else) is probably a better expert on the DirectX plugin than me.
i got that error too because my card was too old, so i couldnt play any of the builds past 1623. If you get an older build from someone u will be able to play it just not full speed.

Edit: i tried posting the revision but it is too large, sorry Sad
(05-24-2009, 09:08 AM)envisaged0ne Wrote: [ -> ]Did you also run the Microsoft DirectX Updater? Other than that, I dunno what to tell you. LuisR14 (or someone else) is probably a better expert on the DirectX plugin than me.

thanks envisaged0ne a lot for your help
i will find LuisR14 post [Image: thumbsup.gif]

(05-24-2009, 09:17 AM)monkey9926 Wrote: [ -> ]i got that error too because my card was too old, so i couldnt play any of the builds past 1623. If you get an older build from someone u will be able to play it just not full speed.

Edit: i tried posting the revision but it is too large, sorry Sad

i know my card is very bad, but i love that game soo much,
i think i can't stay a live without play it Big Grin
thanks monkey9926
Pages: 1 2 3