Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is my system fast enough ? please help.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi I am trying to run dolphin on my windows 7 ultimate 64 bit, 6 gb ram, intel core i7 q720 @ 1.60GHz, 1600 MHz. and graphic card nividia geforce gts 250m adapter ram 1gb. Is this pc not powerful enough to run dolphin ? I've been trying to run Donkey Kong Country Returns, but I can't get over 60 % speed and i've tried numerous suggested settings. Also I am using the latest revision of dolphin.

Thank You for your time.
I'm sure it will be more than enought :O
I only have 4 gb ram, and Intel Core i5 and 2.67 GHz in an Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits.
And I have the same problem with sonic and the black knight. I think that both of our computers will be powerfull enought to run them. ¿Will it be cuz' we use windows 7? ¿Or cuz' it's 64 bits? (I once heard that MIGHT cause a slowdown Undecided)
jpm your clock speed is too slow, omegax has a better speed of 2.67ghz, also gpu is not ideal. only thing i can suggest is to overclock your cpu and upgrade to a better gpu. and i doesn't really matter how much ram you have, dolphin isn't much of a ram hog.
Really? I'm not actually cut for hardware things. I never fully understand them Huh But I thought I had a slow cpu Confused
it's not too slow but it's not really fast either. jpm's is slow though, there's no other way of putting it. i overclocked my cpu from 2.8ghz so it's a 700mhz oc and i can get easy 55fps on donkey kong country
jpm got the i7mobile proccessor with only 1.7ghz...
there is no way to OC that CPU...

iam sorry but you need for good performance nearly 3ghz
The i7 has turbo boost if only 2 Cores are used.
Just stick with "Lock Threads to Cores" then the CPU overclocks itself
How come nobody knows that ?
Thank you all for you explanations. I have another question if you do not mind. I have a laptop Toshiba qosmio x505. is it possible for me to upgrade to a higher ghz of core i7 and also upgrade my graphics ?
(02-05-2011, 06:31 AM)jpm Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you all for you explanations. I have another question if you do not mind. I have a laptop Toshiba qosmio x505. is it possible for me to upgrade to a higher ghz of core i7 and also upgrade my graphics ?

Maybe, but probly not.
(02-05-2011, 06:31 AM)jpm Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you all for you explanations. I have another question if you do not mind. I have a laptop Toshiba qosmio x505. is it possible for me to upgrade to a higher ghz of core i7 and also upgrade my graphics ?

On a manufactured laptop, usually the CPU is soldered in there... it can be removed, but not without getting your hands dirty... it's not quite like changing a processor on a whitebook.

The graphics, by the way are fine.

I'm running the latest Dolphin build on a Core i3 530 @ 3.6Ghz with a crappy 8800GT on my home theater computer. I run all games at 1080 with full FPS at all time with few exceptions. Occasionally Wind Waker will drop to around 45FPS when they're doing a lot of fog. Beyond that, everything runs smooth as silk... and the mobile GPU you're running there should perform equal to if not better than my 8800GT. It's all about the processor.
Pages: 1 2 3