Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Are my specs decent enough for Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, I'm using a computer with i5-760 (4 cores, 2.8GHz), Geforce GT-220, 4GB RAM (tell me if further information is needed).

Is it good enough for Dolphin? I'm aiming for a few easy Gamecube games I already know I can run, and also some Wii Sonic games and a few similar ones.
Should run fine.
GPU is a little weak so make sure to leave SSAA, pixel lighting, and scaled efb copy all off. Other than that it's fine.
I'm using the settings you told me to, except SSAA, couldn't figure out what is it.

My computer runs Sonic Colors partially on 95-100% (3D camera parts), and partially on 75-85% (sidescrolling parts). Using r7035 over Windows 7 32bit. Does it make sense, or can I push the speed further with better settings?
In the general configuration:

-Check lock threads to core
-Check use fps for limiting
-Set the framelimit to 30 (I think sonic colors runs at 30, I could be wrong)

Audio/DSP settings
-Turn off audio throttle
-Make sure HLE audio is checked

Make sure you're using the d3d9 graphics plugin, not opengl or d3d11.

Graphics settings:
In addition to what I listed above set efb copy to TEXTURE instead of ram. Turn off emulate format changes. Turn off safe texture cache.
Also "enable cpu access" should be off although this is probably already done in the game properties.
Unfortunately I don't sense any major speedup, the slow parts are still about 75-80% (noticed it even goes to 70% at some points). Thanks for your help though, I think my speeds are more than bearable and I love playing with that so far.

I thought I should look around for a faster SVN for my games' needs, maybe it'll help...
Oh yeah I forgot to mention that. Try this build with those settings: http://www.xtemu.com/forum/files/file/14...sion-6888/

Download the sse4.2 x64 version (I'm assuming you're using a 64 bit os).

sse optimized builds compiled with ICC are usually 20-30% faster than those that are compiled with vs2008.