Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is there a turbo button?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there a button that makes everything go really fast like in zsnes? Or any other way to speed things up?
If there is, i go crazy....Big Grin
Disable frame limit and audio throttle
No kHRZ, I thing he means really a turbo, like not making the games faster by letting more fps be rendered, but momentarily making the emulation faster with same fps, or even less fps, the GBA Emulator I have does that, there's a button you can map that when pressed makes the game go to 1000% speed and 6 fps... (out of 60 fps), I think this is used to pass fastly anoying game intros or something like that...

I dont think this would be so useful on Dolphin, tough... Wink
(01-30-2011, 02:21 AM)Runo Wrote: [ -> ]No kHRZ, I thing he means really a turbo, like not making the games faster by letting more fps be rendered, but momentarily making the emulation faster with same fps, or even less fps, the GBA Emulator I have does that, there's a button you can map that when pressed makes the game go to 1000% speed and 6 fps... (out of 60 fps), I think this is used to pass fastly anoying game intros or something like that...

I dont think this would be so useful on Dolphin, tough... Wink

it is essentially the same thing. like you could just as easily limit the fps but not the vps and get the same effect. i dont see someone being disappointed because they get 200fps when they turn off frame limiter instead of 60. so yes, the turbo feature would be to disable fps or vps limit. imo, if you have to play the game in super fast motion for it to be enjoyable, maybe you should just get another game.
(01-30-2011, 02:30 AM)inteGReddy Wrote: [ -> ]imo, if you have to play the game in super fast motion for it to be enjoyable, maybe you should just get another game.

Heh, agreed Smile
(01-30-2011, 01:09 AM)KHRZ Wrote: [ -> ]Disable frame limit and audio throttle

Thanks for the advice but when I tried this, it didn't go faster at all...it definitaly is NOT the same as a turbo button. Guess I'll just have to live without one.
(01-30-2011, 02:52 AM)Sikker Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-30-2011, 01:09 AM)KHRZ Wrote: [ -> ]Disable frame limit and audio throttle

Thanks for the advice but when I tried this, it didn't go faster at all...it definitaly is NOT the same as a turbo button. Guess I'll just have to live without one.

Well actually IT'S THE SAME.
The turbo button just unlocks the Frame Limiter so the game is faster

Obviously if your specs aren't good enough it won't run faster... is it even running fullspeed already?
(01-30-2011, 02:52 AM)Sikker Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the advice but when I tried this, it didn't go faster at all...it definitaly is NOT the same as a turbo button. Guess I'll just have to live without one.

well... your pc can only run so fast. snes emulation isnt near as cpu intensive so you can easily emulate at 20x speed. unlike dolphin where emulating at 2x speed can be difficult.
Pages: 1 2