Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Gladius (U), not working in a recent build of Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Jsybird2532

First of all, I'm new, so sorry if I'm addressing this oddly.

Okay, I'm trying to get Gladius to work on Dolphin svn build r6945 (which runs pikmin 2 fine on my machine), and another build from like 2 weeks ago (don't remember which, I upgraded revisions to see if upgrading would fix the issue) but with no avail. The game starts to a black screen and just sits there perpetually at 33% performance, 20 VPS, and 0 FPS. However, the game can be played on Dolphin v2.0 (The release version), but with a horrid level of performance.

Anyone have better luck than me with this game, or know a good way to tweak dolphin's settings to play Gladius properly, or if there is a bug causing this that can be fixed? Thanks.
right click properties then tick MMU Speed Hack and Use XFB

Jsybird2532

(01-28-2011, 07:52 PM)nash679 Wrote: [ -> ]right click properties then tick MMU Speed Hack and Use XFB

Well, using the XFB actually made the video in the FMV sequences visible, thanks for that one (They were blacked out before I did that, even though I could hear the audio, but the FMV's don't really affect playability, so yeah).

However, this only did that in the release version, and nothing in the SVN (Still won't boot there), and the MMU Speed Hack is unavailable in the release version as well. so I wasn't able to try that in release.

Well, another question then, the performance is still bad (around 80%), but is there at least a way I can sync the cutscene audio with the game? Audio Throttle is already on.

Thanks.

TheMetal

Hey guys I am running Gladius on Dolphin 3.0 but all I get is a black screen, no sound or anything... I don't know what is wrong because I can play Fire Emblem just fine...
Anyone got any suggestions??

phildo77

(07-03-2011, 10:03 AM)TheMetal Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys I am running Gladius on Dolphin 3.0 but all I get is a black screen, no sound or anything... I don't know what is wrong because I can play Fire Emblem just fine...

I'm in the same boat. Not sure if this thread is too old or not but thought I'd try here. Please let me know if I should start a new thread.

I just recently dumped my old GC Gladius disc (USA/NTSC) and tried to fire it up on Dolphin 3.0-371. No dice:
Getting black screen with nothing else. I saw another post that mentioned that Gladius was working on 2.0 Release. I tried that and got it to run FMV (audio working) but when it got to the non FMV parts I could only see either black screen or floating light green texture boxes (I got the green texture boxes when I overlayed FPS) (could still hear audio either way).

Has anyone gotten this to work in 3.0+ versions? How about settings in 2.0 Release that make this one playable? It would be great if someone could explain why 3.0+ doesn't work vs. the 2.0 Release version!

I'm running Win 7 x64 with two MSI GTX 570 twin frozr III cards and a i7-2600k at 4.8GHz. So far I've got every other one of my GC and Wii Dumps working (Phantasy Star Online 1&2, Shiren, Mario Galaxy 1&2, Zelda: Twilight Princess). So I'm a little stumped here.

Thanks!

(01-11-2012, 07:58 AM)phildo77 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-03-2011, 10:03 AM)TheMetal Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys I am running Gladius on Dolphin 3.0 but all I get is a black screen, no sound or anything... I don't know what is wrong because I can play Fire Emblem just fine...

I'm in the same boat. Not sure if this thread is too old or not but thought I'd try here. Please let me know if I should start a new thread.

I just recently dumped my old GC Gladius disc (USA/NTSC) and tried to fire it up on Dolphin 3.0-371. No dice:
Getting black screen with nothing else. I saw another post that mentioned that Gladius was working on 2.0 Release. I tried that and got it to run FMV (audio working) but when it got to the non FMV parts I could only see either black screen or floating light green texture boxes (I got the green texture boxes when I overlayed FPS) (could still hear audio either way).

Has anyone gotten this to work in 3.0+ versions? How about settings in 2.0 Release that make this one playable? It would be great if someone could explain why 3.0+ doesn't work vs. the 2.0 Release version!

I'm running Win 7 x64 with two MSI GTX 570 twin frozr III cards and a i7-2600k at 4.8GHz. So far I've got every other one of my GC and Wii Dumps working (Phantasy Star Online 1&2, Shiren, Mario Galaxy 1&2, Zelda: Twilight Princess). So I'm a little stumped here.

Thanks!

The game works fine with r6505. You might have to check MMU Speed Hack (in Game Properties) I don't remember if it's needed

I was told to post my question here, in the official Gladius thread.
I would like to echo Phildo77's questions.

I have tried to run Gladius in the following environments, with XFB set Real, and MMU Hack on:

3.0 latest revision...
hangs at boot, black screen

3.0 release...
hangs at boot, black screen

Revision 6505 (as suggested in this thread)...
Game starts, intro FMV plays flawlessly. Main menu, select New Game. Game freezes while fading into "Select character" screen.

2.0 release...
Same as r6505.

Any tips? Anyone know what revision Gladius will work best on? Is there a setting that may cause it to freeze at that menu screen? That game is unplayable past that point.

Thanks!
I can confirm you that the game works with r6505 (and even 2.0). I'll retry the game when I'm at home and I'll tell you if some specific settings are used but I don't think so. You can post your settings and I'll compare to mine
(07-03-2012, 03:01 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]I can confirm you that the game works with r6505 (and even 2.0). I'll retry the game when I'm at home and I'll tell you if some specific settings are used but I don't think so. You can post your settings and I'll compare to mine

Awesome, thanks for the help! Here's a screenshot compilation of my settings in r6505.

http://i.imgur.com/CcFxw.png

edit: forgot some screenshots; added.

Try JITIL and pick Ursula, I made it in-game, but then it froze up.
Pages: 1 2