Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin and AMD Fusion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

foxmcloud

Hi everybody! Anyone know to say if this new processor of the AMD(Fusion) will have any good impact on the performance of the Dolphin? I already know Fusion increase the performance of the application if this one has any vectorial instruction and I believe Dolphin has several instructions of the type. Am I correct? Sorry my english. Smile
AMD fusion is a broad term that covers many different cpus. Which chip architecture are you talking about? Are you referring to bulldozer?
Phenom II < Gulftown/Bulldozer < Sandy Bridge < Sandy Bridge-E < Ivy Bridge

foxmcloud

"AMD fusion is a broad term that covers many different cpus"

Really? You're not making a mess? Far as I know, "Fusion" is the new architecture of the AMD which will be launched later this year and that in her words "is the greatest advancement in processing since the introduction of the x86 architecture more than forty years ago":

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/04/amd-a...-with-dir/
amd says that... doesn't make it true.
(01-28-2011, 11:15 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: [ -> ]Phenom II < Gulftown/Bulldozer < Sandy Bridge < Sandy Bridge-E < Ivy Bridge
Squall Leonhart says that... doesn't make it true.

In the words of most PC hardware communities, benches or GTFO/STFU.
whats not true about it?
For one, Bulldozer isn't even out yet.
no, but AMD is on record saying it provides comparable performance to a nahalem.
Why does people waste their time looking on the internet for things that hasnt been released yet just to ask here how will Dolphin run\support it, automatically wasting our time, who have to explain that there is no way that we can know how the f@#$% this will run, because it is not for sale, and so, as only a genius could presume, we cant test it? ¬¬
Pages: 1 2