Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Emu doesn't work on Ubuntu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Dear all,

an new on this, I have listen that a Wii emu soft is available and I have installed in my computer.

just few details, I have an Acer Aspire win Intel dual core 2 and ATI radeon graphics, running with ubuntu 10.04.
I have included PPA for Dolphin EMu, and I have installed as a normal software from the catalogue, seems that everything works fine until I execute an ISO, then, it keeps in blank screen (the one for the game) during hours.
finally, I have force the exit of dolphin and never has runned.

what I am doing wrong?

thanks in advance for your support.
Which version ?
Dolphin SVN r6816-release
there is any solution?

thanks

Which graphics-driver and graphics card are you using ?
01:05.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: ATI Technologies Inc RS600 [Radeon Xpress 1200 Series] [1002:7941]

Theoretically, I have ubuntu perfectly updated with latest driver

That graphics card is too weak for Dolphin !
it's a pity, no other way?
what is the minimun requirement?

Are you using a notebook? Notebooks are too weak for Dolphin mostly anyway, unless it's some gamer edition (but even then you need a REALLY powerful one).

Also, you're most likely using open-source drivers, which are a bit buggy when using Dolphin and only provide max. 60% of the performance of the official driver (from amd.com).
(01-16-2011, 09:14 PM)NeoBrain Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using a notebook? Notebooks are too weak for Dolphin mostly anyway, unless it's some gamer edition (but even then you need a REALLY powerful one).

Also, you're most likely using open-source drivers, which are a bit buggy when using Dolphin and only provide max. 60% of the performance of the official driver (from amd.com).

No! It is a desktop computer, intel dual core 2 Q6600, I am never feel short in term of performance. What is true is that probably, I am using open-source driver, what do you recomend me?

I have seen in ubuntu forums that my graphics card can support 2D and 3D and can works fine, but I am not a higher IT user.

Thanks,
Just get the latest Ubuntu Driver from the official AMD Site
Pages: 1 2 3