Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: core i7 2600k awsome!!!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
hi, i new to dolphin but have known about it for a while but i did not realise how good and emulator it is
so i gave it a go a couple of weeks ago with mario kart gamecube and i could not belive how good it ran on my core2duo system but some games were very laggy so i decided to buy a new mobo, cpu and ram
i have a
gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4
core i7 2600k
4gb ddr3 1600 ram
285gtx

and this system plays gamecube and wii games so good, i would recommend this cpu for dolphin as it is 3.4 ghz standard but will overclock so easy, i only put the pc together yesterday and i had it overclocked to 4.0ghz very stable all night.
time to get ripping all my gamecube and wii games Smile

hystery

Cool, thanks for sharing. Quite interesting, I'm also planning to get SandyBridge.
If you happened to have any Zelda or Metroid series could you give it a go with your rig please?
My main interest in sandy bridge would be to see how well the IGP performs in dolphin and pcsx2.
downgrade from a qpi enabled i7 9xx

Quote:My main interest in sandy bridge would be to see how well the IGP performs in dolphin and pcsx2.

around the same as a 8400GT, maybe a tad more.
That is interesting. Possibly playable at native resolution then.
(01-12-2011, 08:38 PM)azzbarb Wrote: [ -> ]hi, i new to dolphin but have known about it for a while but i did not realise how good and emulator it is
so i gave it a go a couple of weeks ago with mario kart gamecube and i could not belive how good it ran on my core2duo system but some games were very laggy so i decided to buy a new mobo, cpu and ram
i have a
gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4
core i7 2600k
4gb ddr3 1600 ram
285gtx

and this system plays gamecube and wii games so good, i would recommend this cpu for dolphin as it is 3.4 ghz standard but will overclock so easy, i only put the pc together yesterday and i had it overclocked to 4.0ghz very stable all night.
I have a benchmarking thread going on here LINK, if you have the time come and participate, it would be interesting to have some Sandy bridge results, along with core i7 and core 2.
Yeah, please give us some framerates. For example, in Super Mario Galaxy, just stand at the starting point in the Observatory and note it. (Dx9 plugin)
hi guys, i will do some testing and post some results, i haven tried metroid prime, echoes and goldeneye at 1920x1080
both metroid game run at 60fps with the occasional stutter, i am still messing with settings and am at the begining of both games so i have not come across any large rooms yet.
goldeneye runs perfect not a single stutter yet running at 100% speed
Quote:around the same as a 8400GT, maybe a tad more.

From the benchmarks I've seen it performs in between an 8500 GT and 8600GT. Which is very close to a 7800gt. Which is slightly faster than a 9400gt or G210. For a graphics processing element that's embedded right into the cpu die that only uses 50mm^2 of space even you've got to admit that's amazing. And it's the first intel igp to have all of the hardware acceleration supported by current nvidia and ati gpus in d3d9 and opengl, no more z buffer errors!

Also they've been beating the i7 950 across the board in all of the cpu benchmarks I've seen so far (except maybe synthetics, I don't look at those). The only area that an i7 9xx should be able to beat them in at all is memory bandwidth, and even then it's a slight edge.

razor_ramon

(01-12-2011, 08:38 PM)azzbarb Wrote: [ -> ]hi, i new to dolphin but have known about it for a while but i did not realise how good and emulator it is
i have a
gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4
core i7 2600k
4gb ddr3 1600 ram
285gtx

how does donkey kong country returns work with the i7 2600? and do u have to overclock the cpu to get full speed?

Pages: 1 2 3 4