Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin on Ubuntu 10.10 64Bit crash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
whenever i play super smash brothers brawl on the 64bit linux build with the openGL plugin it crashes as soon as i choose group or in classic mode when 2 characters attack eachother why is this? it doen't crash with the software rendering plugin and i dont want to use wine to play dolphin. the wine windows API layer slows the emulator down. what should i do
I know you don't want to use it but can you test dolphin with wine and tell me if the problem still persists? It will help narrow down the possibilities. Also does it give you an error message? Do you have panic handlers on?
(01-11-2011, 08:28 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]I know you don't want to use it but can you test dolphin with wine and tell me if the problem still persists? It will help narrow down the possibilities. Also does it give you an error message? Do you have panic handlers on?

I doubt you'll be able to draw any usuable conclusions from that...
Cyris: Do you compile from source? Could you arrange compiling a debug build and posting a backtrace using gdb?

build Dolphin using cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug .. and run Dolphin via gdb dolphin-emu, then enter "run" and play until it crashes. Then type bt and post the output.
(01-11-2011, 09:05 AM)NeoBrain Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-11-2011, 08:28 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]I know you don't want to use it but can you test dolphin with wine and tell me if the problem still persists? It will help narrow down the possibilities. Also does it give you an error message? Do you have panic handlers on?

I doubt you'll be able to draw any usuable conclusions from that...
Cyris: Do you compile from source? Could you arrange compiling a debug build and posting a backtrace using gdb?

build Dolphin using cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug .. and run Dolphin via gdb dolphin-emu, then enter "run" and play until it crashes. Then type bt and post the output.

ok will do i'm going to reboot in ubuntu now. also i compile from source from the lastest SVN everytime one is released and get the same problem. also a refused to run the windows version through wine on linux that defeats the purposed of using it in linux in the first place
PS the last linux build is broken i cant compile it. maybe something i'm not doing right here is the error i get.

cyris64@cyris64-MG-63MI-7159:~/Desktop/untitled folder/dolphin-emu-read-only/Build$ cmake ..
-- The C compiler identification is GNU
-- The CXX compiler identification is unknown
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
CMake Error: your CXX compiler: "CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER-NOTFOUND" was not found. Please set CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER to a valid compiler path or name.
-- Found Subversion: /usr/bin/svn
-- Performing Test NO_UNUSED_RESULT
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeCXXInformation.cmake:35 (GET_FILENAME_COMPONENT):
get_filename_component called with incorrect number of arguments
Call Stack (most recent call first):
CMakeLists.txt:3 (PROJECT)

CMake Error: CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER not set, after EnableLanguage
CMake Error: Internal CMake error, TryCompile configure of cmake failed
-- Performing Test NO_UNUSED_RESULT - Failed
-- Performing Test VISIBILITY_INLINES_HIDDEN
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeCXXInformation.cmake:35 (GET_FILENAME_COMPONENT):

-- Performing Test VISIBILITY_INLINES_HIDDEN - Failed
-- Performing Test VISIBILITY_HIDDEN

-- Performing Test VISIBILITY_HIDDEN - Failed
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:133 (message):
GLU is required but not found

CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are set to NOTFOUND.
Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake files:
OPENGL_INCLUDE_DIR (ADVANCED)
used as include directory in directory /home/cyris64/Desktop/untitled folder/dolphin-emu-read-only

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!