Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin virus?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Jackp04

I have just been virus scanning my laptop and the report shows Dolphin has a Backdoor.Sinowal.CJ virus

SCREEN:
[Image: virusdolphin.png]

Can I trust dolphin?

LuisR14

yes you can trust Dolphin Smile, probably a virus got stuck to it Tongue, or maybe Dolphin got some programming that was badly coded Undecided
Yeah, if you download Dolphin from Dolphin's main website, or from the forums via the people that work hard to compile it, I garantee it does not have a virus.

LuisR14

hmm what is the description of that "Backdoor.Sinowal.CJ" infection? Smile
Sounds like you downloaded from a shady website where a hacker embedded malware into the code. There are many users who currently provide compiles that are listed here:

http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-9.html

If you had done this to begin with or downloaded the official bi-weekly compiles from the official Dolphin website, then you would likely not be having this problem right now.

You can be assured that all the compiles provided by users here are 100% clean and unmodified, don't trust builds from random shady websites, or file sharing services as they are more likely to be infected.

This is not a problem related to Dolphin, just a mistake on the users part. Please be sure to be more careful, and only trust builds from users that are posted on this forum or other emulation forums such as Ngemu, Emutalk, 1emulation, XTemulation etc.. Wink

LuisR14

and emucraze Tongue (blah blah and blah emu sites XP)
Dolphin V2.7.x.x??
Sounds like a "game+emulator" torrent or a really really bad download source - delete that shit and get a good build!
Always be careful with any download, when I download a free program that anyone can distribute, I try to get it from the official site, as you never know what other people could have packed with the program. Open source programs are extra vulnerable as they can put the viruses in the source code itself. You must be new to Dolphin or else you would have realized "V2.7.1.2" is BS, it would be called r2712.
Yeah I forgot the mention there is no Dolphin 2.7.1.2, there is only Dolphin 1.02, 1.03.2 and a beta x64 build which were the last official releases before Dolphin went open source.

Then the newest versions which add support for Wii games, offer increase performance, fixes for various bugs and issues are the Svn builds.

Anyways it looks like the thread starter won't be back, he only made that one post and hasn't logged back in or posted again. I don't blame him either, he must of felt like a real fool. Tongue

LuisR14

or maybe he's one of the busy kind of people Tongue
Pages: 1 2