Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: 100% with new processor?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey Dudes.

I want to buy a new Processor for my PC and i thought i buy this one:

http://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.p...-TRAY.html

my other hardware is:

MSI Nvidia Geforce 9800GT
ASUS M3A-H/HDMI (Mainboard)
4GB RAM

can i run most games on 100% with this setup?
or should i overclock the cpu?
most people say you can easily overclock this cpu to 4Ghz...is that enough?

thanks for answers and advices

Greetz Tchort
Overclock a laptop?? I sure as hell wouldn't recommend it.
And no that's not the case at all.. if you want '100%' full speed, phenoms don't do the trick, Intel is the way to go.
hehe...no my processor in my PC is broken...so i need a new....not for this laptop here...yeah but intel is expensive and if i buy an intel i need also a new mainboard...and this is too much...don't have so much money xP ...

and you think i can't run the games at 100% with overclocking it to 4Ghz? ....why? oO ...my old cpu has 2,6Ghz...

and this laptop has 4 cores @ 2,0Ghz and for example Donkey Kong Country Returns runs with over 60% ....
Sorry, don't know what put me under the impression you were talking about a laptop.
Yes with an overclock you should get near perfect speed(in some games), but nothing equivalent to what you could get with an Intel processor(most games).
Do you know what games you plan to play?
Edit: Dolphin will only utilize two of your cores.. making sure you know
yeah i know dolphin uses only two cores, but two cores with 4Ghz are sure better than 2 cores with 2Ghz xD ...

ehm i plan to play SMG1, 2 and Donkey Kong Country Returns for first Games....the other games like Brawl or New Super Mario Bros. works with my Laptop xP....

but why is a intel so much better if dolphin uses only 2 cores? ...
Get an intel i3 for the same amount of money. It will perform much better with dolphin.

Quote:but why is a intel so much better if dolphin uses only 2 cores? ...

That's a long story.
i don't want a dual core ^^ xP ....but if i buy an intel, i have to buy a new mainboard too and this is expensive Sad
I guess most Dolphin developers have Intel and thus have optimised Dolphin for Intel-CPUs, but that's only a guess.
i have the 965 and get full speed on most games. at least, my cores dont hit 100% in most revisions. however, i have mine clocked to 3.8 so that could be helping.
what do you mean with "my cores dont hit 100% in most revisions" ? ...
Pages: 1 2 3