Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin settings overview
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
are there even any tooltips as of now?O_o
For a very limited number of options, yeah...
fwiw, I guess the new video config dialog doesn't have any lol...
Quote:Fwiw, the actual native EFB resolution is 640x528

Ugh. This throws off all my calculations.

Quote:This thread is actually not a bad idea (wondering why there hasn't been anything like this before in this forum O_o); I think what you should do is two things for each setting/option:
1. have a technical explanation about what the setting means and what it does (not tooooo detailed, but still the devs would have to help here)
2. saying in layman's terms what the setting is useful for, what issues and advantages it brings.
When it's kinda finished and polished, it'll be good to have it added to the support page of mamario's site (do we call it the official Dolphin site now, btw?)

We already did this. Remember? Oehr started a thread to do this and got banned while he was making it. So I picked up where he left off, in fact my guide is settings guide is almost finished: http://naturalviolence.webs.com/graphicsgeneral.htm/

Quote:The EFB resolution is the resolution used to render everything at. That resolution will get stretched to the display resolution.

Which is why if I set efb scale to 1x it still looks blurry if I set my screen resolution to a high value. /sarcasm Oh wait it doesn't!
(12-03-2010, 02:47 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:The EFB resolution is the resolution used to render everything at. That resolution will get stretched to the display resolution.

Which is why if I set efb scale to 1x it still looks blurry if I set my screen resolution to a high value. /sarcasm Oh wait it doesn't!

Uhm, not sure what you can possibly do wrong here, but if I set the internal resolution to native, things WILL look blurry/pixeled. alright nevermind that sentence, apparently something is broken about the config dialog... Seems like the internal resolution isn't actually getting changed when you change the corresponding option in the menu.

Btw, I'm working on adding more descriptive tooltips to all of the options in the video config dialogs right now.
Quote:We already did this. Remember? Oehr started a thread to do this and got banned while he was making it. So I picked up where he left off, in fact my guide is settings guide is almost finished: http://naturalviolence.webs.com/graphicsgeneral.htm/

Ah yeah, ok. Well, I don't care who does it and where it's collected, but eventually it would be good to have it on the official Dolphin site (under Support somewhere I guess).
Okay, whatever... got the config diag working now (my fault, had some buggy local changes)
Anyway, here's a comparision of fractionaly scaled internal res and native internal res: (display resolution was about 1280x1024)
[Image: efbscale.png]
So there obviously is a big difference here ;P
(12-03-2010, 03:37 AM)NeoBrain Wrote: [ -> ]So there obviously is a big difference here ;P

Unfortunately, for me neither image looks like a real Wii, even though it's only capable of 480p; the antialising-like effect that comes as a byproduct of integral scaling (I wasn't aware it uses a slighly higher PM) looks much more authentic, at least for my setup.

Natural's faq is quite informative btw, I think it should be stickied here for easy access.
oh, haven't seen this until now http://www.dolphin-emu.org/configuration...ml?lang=en
has to be updated, though.
Quote:Ah yeah, ok. Well, I don't care who does it and where it's collected, but eventually it would be good to have it on the official Dolphin site (under Support somewhere I guess).

When I finish it I'll give it to mammario.

Quote:Btw, I'm working on adding more descriptive tooltips to all of the options in the video config dialogs right now.

Take a look at my guide will you? I think you'll find I did a pretty good job on my part. Still haven't gone over the parts I got from oehr but I think it might help you come up with "simple" explanations for each option. Also you can point out flaws and annoy me the same way I annoy you Tongue.

Quote:Okay, whatever... got the config diag working now (my fault, had some buggy local changes)

Never doubt me Tongue

In theory you should be right about the efb but my screenshots tell a different story. Only the parts of a game where the efb is used for fb effects seem to be affected. I'll post some screenshots later to show you what I'm talking about.

Also while I have you in the forums: http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/iss...il?id=3539

(12-03-2010, 08:25 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]In theory you should be right about the efb but my screenshots tell a different story. Only the parts of a game where the efb is used for fb effects seem to be affected. I'll post some screenshots later to show you what I'm talking about.

Well. Go ahead, you won't convince me...
You know, I do know the source code and you don't Tongue

Fwiw, there obviously is no way to increase the resolution for hardcoded effects which depend upon the native EFB width.
However, that doesn't change the fact that internal resolution is the resolution we're rendering to.
Pages: 1 2 3