Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: OpenGL, but I'd like a straight answer this time, lol
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Alright guys, I'm brand new to this website, and I've got a problem.
I've searched only God knows how many websites and forums for an answer, but nobody will give you one without beating around the bush.
Stupid me never thought once to go to the DOLPHIN FORUMS, but now I have and here's the age-old question.

"Can't create OpenGL renderer. You might be missing some required opengl extensions, check the logs for more info."

Yes, this has been asked many times, except as far as I know, my system meets the requirements...

GeForce 9500 GT/PCI/SSE2
RAM: 1024
Processor: Intel® Celeron® CPU EI400 2.00 GHz
DirectX10
My OpenGL version is 3.0

I also have the latest version of the Dolphin emulator
I honestly have no idea what to do from here, because everybody gets this problem, but it's usually because their computers don't meet the minimum requirements. As far as I'm concerned, my build DOES meet those requirements. I'd really like to play Tales of Symphonia, but this keeps happening
If you have any idea what might be the problem AND how to fix it, I would be VERY grateful...

Thanks a ton for your time guys,
~MrBohica Cool
(05-14-2009, 08:11 AM)MrBohica Wrote: [ -> ]Alright guys, I'm brand new to this website, and I've got a problem.
I've searched only God knows how many websites and forums for an answer, but nobody will give you one without beating around the bush.
Stupid me never thought once to go to the DOLPHIN FORUMS, but now I have and here's the age-old question.

"Can't create OpenGL renderer. You might be missing some required opengl extensions, check the logs for more info."

Yes, this has been asked many times, except as far as I know, my system meets the requirements...

GeForce 9500 GT/PCI/SSE2
RAM: 1024
Processor: Intel® Celeron® CPU EI400 2.00 GHz
DirectX10
My OpenGL version is 3.0

I also have the latest version of the Dolphin emulator
I honestly have no idea what to do from here, because everybody gets this problem, but it's usually because their computers don't meet the minimum requirements. As far as I'm concerned, my build DOES meet those requirements. I'd really like to play Tales of Symphonia, but this keeps happening
If you have any idea what might be the problem AND how to fix it, I would be VERY grateful...

Thanks a ton for your time guys,
~MrBohica Cool

make sure you have the latest graphic drivers (stable release not beta), and also make sure you have installed the required software (check here)

One last thing your'll have difficulty playing games at normal speed with a Celeron 2GHz (enable dual core for a speed boost even though you have a single core)

*EDIT* also even though you DX10 you still need to update your DX9 with the updater from the link
(05-14-2009, 08:16 AM)Glurion Wrote: [ -> ]make sure you have the latest graphic drivers (stable release not beta), and also make sure you have installed the required software (check here)

One last thing your'll have difficulty playing games at normal speed with a Celeron 2GHz (enable dual core for a speed boost even though you have a single core)

*EDIT* also even though you DX10 you still need to update your DX9 with the updater from the link

Alright, thanks for your quick feedback ^^
I do already have the latest graphic drivers, and they are the stable release, not the beta
I fixed w/e was wrong with my DirectX
It still doesn't work, but that might be because I didn't quite understand what you meant by: "One last thing your'll have difficulty playing games at normal speed with a Celeron 2GHz (enable dual core for a speed boost even though you have a single core)"
If you could expand on that just a little bit more, put it in stupid terms, (lol), that'd be great Wink
Because Dolphin requires alot of processing power (the thing your cpu does) rather than graphical power (the part your graphics card does), the CPU requirements are rather high, you probably wont be able to play the games at full speed with Celeron, I have a Celeron (1.6GHz) on my laptop and i would try the games out for you but that laptops giving up on life and doesn't work well at all anymore lol, so it wouldn't be a very fair test lol.
Ok, thanks ^^
BUT still stands my problem, does this mean that I won't be able to play at all? T_T!
Full or slow speed?

cmccmc

uninstall your graphic driver's and reinstall them. Smile If that fails enable dual core and this will act as a temporary fix.
It should be working. If you have a 9500 GT with latest drivers (182.xx I believe). It's missing something that isn't installed or can't detect. And a celeron 2.0 will go very very slow. Almost to the point that it's not even playable. My suggestion would be to upgrade your computer, or at least motherboard, so that it supports Core Dual 2.0 or faster. Because even if you get the games to play, you're going to get sick of the slowness after a few minutes.

EDIT: This was posted the same time cmccmc psted also. Make sure to follow his advice too Smile

cmccmc

wow am I the only person who actually knows how to fix the problem 100% of the time here lol

LuisR14

(05-14-2009, 08:16 AM)Glurion Wrote: [ -> ]One last thing your'll have difficulty playing games at normal speed with a Celeron 2GHz (enable dual core for a speed boost even though you have a single core)
umm his cpu isn't single core (the Celeron E1400 is a dual-core), and have common sense people, if he has a dx10 gpu then it's most probable that he has a more recent cpu (since if he has an old cpu then the mobo would've had AGP, and i don't think that any gpu that supports dx10 has an AGP version) Smile

so just do what cmccmc said, MrBohica Smile, also what OS do you have? Smile
(05-14-2009, 09:55 AM)LuisR14 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-14-2009, 08:16 AM)Glurion Wrote: [ -> ]One last thing your'll have difficulty playing games at normal speed with a Celeron 2GHz (enable dual core for a speed boost even though you have a single core)
umm his cpu isn't single core (the Celeron E1400 is a dual-core), and have common sense people, if he has a dx10 gpu then it's most probable that he has a more recent cpu (since if he has an old cpu then the mobo would've had AGP, and i don't think that any gpu that supports dx10 has an AGP version) Smile

so just do what cmccmc said, MrBohica Smile, also what OS do you have? Smile

I always thought all Celerons were single cores, since Intels multi-core processors have there own names (and also the fact that my Celeron is single core, so i didn't look to see if it was dual core, i just assumed, bad i know but we all do it from time to time lol).

Um the Geforce Fx 5series has AGP support, and the one which i had on one of my other computers supported vista, which runs on DX10 Tongue, that and even average computers 5-6 years ago had PCI-E, so you can't really assume an old system board has AGP
Pages: 1 2