Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Hardware question!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello Im planning to buy a E8400 which im planning to overclock,and I got a motherboard , written like this Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. 945GCM-S2C .Is it compatible? Oh and do i need a new cooler , to OC an E8400 ?
Yes it is compatible and yes you need to buy an aftermarket cooler.
(11-09-2010, 04:45 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Yes it is compatible and yes you need to buy an aftermarket cooler.

But will I be able to overclock??
When I bought mine, I heard that you could overclock quite well with the stock cooler.

The safest option is to buy an after market cooler; however it's really up to you. Whether you'd need one depeneds on your weather, case ventilation etc. You could increase the clock speed a small amount and monitor the heat - who knows it might not go up much at all depending on how far you push it.
Buy an aftermarket cooler, stock cooler s*cks for "a good oc" (more mhz, low temps, etc).
yes heat is the ennemy of pc buy fans is better and each cpu is oc not same i got a phenom 2 x4 965 max stable i have got 4050mhz and my friend got same i have put it on me pc and i reach 4113 stable never know with oc how cpu can reach last thing make test
(11-10-2010, 11:33 PM)jontcold Wrote: [ -> ]yes heat is the ennemy of pc buy fans is better and each cpu is oc not same i got a phenom 2 x4 965 max stable i have got 4050mhz and my friend got same i have put it on me pc and i reach 4113 stable never know with oc how cpu can reach last thing make test

Well It says that I have to overclock my motherboard right here http://www.gigabyte.lv/products/mb/cpuli...m-s2c.html where it says F5 by overclocking,meaning that I have to OC my motherboard.Can I overclock a motherboard and a processor at the same time? Will it be stable??I don't worry about temps,but I want it to run stable at at least 3.6 GHZ!!
1 / Temps ARE the most important thing you need to look at !

2/ This Motherboard is NOT the best option for Ocing but 600 mhz shouldnt be a problem , its a pretty easy Oc.

F5 is certainly the BIOS model number lol !
(11-11-2010, 01:42 AM)gabi4play Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-10-2010, 11:33 PM)jontcold Wrote: [ -> ]yes heat is the ennemy of pc buy fans is better and each cpu is oc not same i got a phenom 2 x4 965 max stable i have got 4050mhz and my friend got same i have put it on me pc and i reach 4113 stable never know with oc how cpu can reach last thing make test

Well It says that I have to overclock my motherboard right here http://www.gigabyte.lv/products/mb/cpuli...m-s2c.html where it says F5 by overclocking,meaning that I have to OC my motherboard.Can I overclock a motherboard and a processor at the same time? Will it be stable??I don't worry about temps,but I want it to run stable at at least 3.6 GHZ!!

just after told me that i recommand you not oc lol is not a newbies thing and what you mean oc mobo .oc cpu oc gpu oc ram but mobo told me
(11-11-2010, 02:11 AM)abfab126 Wrote: [ -> ]1 / Temps ARE the most important thing you need to look at !

2/ This Motherboard is NOT the best option for Ocing but 600 mhz shouldnt be a problem , its a pretty easy Oc.

F5 is certainly the BIOS model number lol !

So can I OVERCLOCK AN E8400 with my motherboard to 3.6 GHZ??
Pages: 1 2 3