Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Against Pirates (Concept)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Here is a concept i have been thinking of:

Make a Wii Disk Dumper (Homebrew) that adds a code to an empty header in the ISO and only when that code is in the ISO dolphin will accept it.
Still works on original Wii (wii doesn't regonize the code, since it doesn't know that it's there)

But that won't stop them uploading the ISO's to thepiratebay,etc. Dodgy

2.Method:

It would be possible to stream Wii and Gamecube games directly to your Computer.
Since this only happens in your network, streaming times would still be fast and the game wouldn't load slow.

Sorry nothing for you Gamecube Dumpers.
Uhm, what about the "method sounds stupid" option?
1. Everyone would have to redump their games
2. Just add the code with a hex editor (Or click the "insert code" app released in no time)
then post how you would go against pirates.
Your poll is a bit biased Dodgy, and it won't work as you said it yourself. Too much hassle for nothing imo. It will also make things more difficult for everyone, including non - pirates since they will have to re - dump everything they dumped so far. Not a win - win situation really.
true.
okay just ignore the first post and discuss about piracy here.
It's not a up to Dolphin to stop piracy, only that they make it well known that they do not approve of it.
yeah but most people don't know how to dump the games.
So they download them.
They think it's legal because they own a copy of the game.
But you're downloading a copy of someone else.
That's illegal.
I believe a Softmodding and Dumping Guide will do the job fine.
(10-31-2010, 09:56 PM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]yeah but most people don't know how to dump the games.
So they download them.
They think it's legal because they own a copy of the game.
But you're downloading a copy of someone else.
That's illegal.
I believe a Softmodding and Dumping Guide will do the job fine.

Dolphin has done their part in the fight against piracy. They make it well known that they do not approve of it and ban users almost immediately when they come on the forum and talk about downloading a game. They also have sticky topics about several ways to dump games to your PC legally. That's it. In other words, it's not their problem. I'm even quite sure some developers themselves download a game or two now and then for testing purposes and probably delete it soon after. If you do this, keep it to yourself.

abcdefg249

leave this concept to Nintendo
it's not our business
Pages: 1 2 3