Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: SMS Flashing Fix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The patch was made in 2 hours
This fixes the Super Mario Sunshine red flashing problem.
(However the flashing is still too fast.)Not an Issue (happens on real hardware tooTongue)
The best is that it doesn't break NSMB fog and background texturesTongue.
This needs alot more work.
Maybe fixes other games flashing.
Hm, great if it works, but is there any reasoning behind the changes, i.e. could you explain why you've inserted that a<2 check?
without it it wouldn't compile.
but i just noticed that that big shine stays just violett (can't explain which colour that is).
I could make it better, but it would break NSMB background textures and fog.
Hmm, the first change is the same one I just saw on googlecode (Issue 2589, present since r4714, fixed the NSMB fog but apparently broke RE4 fog)...
And apart from the a < 2 (which looks pretty random), you broke/disabled the "Disable Fog" switch.

Boils down to a revert of r4714 for that file, eh?
What wouldn't compile? Dolphin? The generated shader?

Reverting r4714 isn't an option since that would most likely break nsmb again.
pixelshadermanager won't compile ( error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'SetPSConstant4f )
This is my first patch,never did something like this before.
However when reverting the changes from 4714 everything was working again but i had to use Disable Fog (I think you know why).

EDITBig Grinisable Fog is still workingTongue.
hm, reverting 4714 makes it work for me as well, WITHOUT breaking nsmbw...
EDIT: nvm, nsmbw is broken after reverting 4714 Tongue
@Jack Frost: Disable Fog switch is still working using the patch. (at least for me.)
Just compile for yourself and see what this patch does.

@NeoBrain: You used the Disable Fog option ?!
what bhaal meant was that you effectively disabled the feature "disable fog" by removing the else block in your patch...

nah, nevermind... Tongue
made another one:

this is actually pretty better and added the else stuff.
Pages: 1 2