Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Core/Graphics issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Myself and StarScream listed some possible core issues with the emulator, Eternal Darkness and Starfox Adventures is affected. So far only one core issue has been discovered with Eternal Darkness while I've found a few in Starfox Adventures, the issues are listed in the threads below, one of which is here and the other at Xtemulation.

http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-36-...#pid118059

http://www.xtemu.com/forum/topic/3542-gc...ness-ntsc/

Core issues for Starfox Adventures:

Quote:- Game stutters and skips like crazy and framerate dips quite a bit, more noticeable when running at higher speeds. Other than the frequent dips and stutters I am able to run the game at full speed.

- Shadows are messed up in this game, they are really distorted sometimes depending where you walk and sometimes the wrong shadow is displayed (quantizers issue?)

- When you go to the warp stone even after the first time when you give him the rock candy, the first cutscene and audio plays for subsequent visits to the warp stone. This seems to be a core issue rather than an issue with the audio plugin, even happens with the LLE plugin.

There is another issue I am having, but someone else mentioned it was passable for them so I'm not sure if it's an issue. If it is, maybe it's a recent issue? Btw, posted here for visibility, I'll probably open an issue but I'm not sure if anyone else already did that.
I was requesting in the thread on the Xtemulation forums for the Eternal Darkness bug to use my save file and make sure that it is truly a core issue and not just something I'm missing.
Okay, changed the wording.

Quote:Myself and StarScream listed some possible core issues with the emulator.

Wink
(10-26-2010, 03:44 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]- Game stutters and skips like crazy and framerate dips quite a bit, more noticeable when running at higher speeds. Other than the frequent dips and stutters I am able to run the game at full speed.
Didn't notice that one...

(10-26-2010, 03:44 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]- Shadows are messed up in this game, they are really distorted sometimes depending where you walk and sometimes the wrong shadow is displayed (quantizers issue?)
Did notice that one, lol.

(10-26-2010, 03:44 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]- When you go to the warp stone even after the first time when you give him the rock candy, the first cutscene and audio plays for subsequent visits to the warp stone. This seems to be a core issue rather than an issue with the audio plugin, even happens with the LLE plugin.
Don't remember, but is he supposed to say something different? :o

Another thing maybe:
There might be some issues with FP/rounding/stuff, since I had severe problems on Dragon Rock getting the explosive barrel on the upper level using the floating barrel carrier - it was always stopping short of the expected drop point, starting to go back early. However, might not exactly be an FP issue, since VERY_ACCURATE_FP didn't help.
hm, reading about quantizers...the "optimize quantizers" option is gone for quite a while now (I guess just because it's not needed anymore). However, I remember most issues which were fixed by that option used to be strange characters, spiky polygon syndrom, stuff like that.
Now, look at Mario Tennis and Golf...there you still have those issues. Does that mean the quantizers are still not fully optimized or is that something totally different?
Sorry, if this is off-topic...but I guess it's also about core issues, so...
The problem is that they are always optimized now. And somewhere in there, something isnt quite right, causing those problems.
ah yeah...I'm asking because I haven't seen any work or discussion on quantizers since the option got thrown out, so I thought it had to be "perfect" already ^^
(10-28-2010, 03:29 AM)Jack Frost Wrote: [ -> ]Don't remember, but is he supposed to say something different? :o

Actually, when talking with him anytime after giving him the rock candy, he shouldn't say nothing. He will just present you with the three-options menu on screen. When you choose an option other than the Maze, he'll then ask if you're ready to warp / to go to Krazoa Palace.
(10-28-2010, 04:20 AM)Jack Frost Wrote: [ -> ]The problem is that they are always optimized now. And somewhere in there, something isnt quite right, causing those problems.

As El Buga said, after you give him the rock candy he shouldn't say anything, just give you the options. Instead the cutscene dialog and audio plays from when you first give him the rock candy and their mouths aren't even moving lol. Tongue

The stuttering, skipping, and frequent dips are an issue and are more noticeable when playing at a higher speed since the game will be jumpy, stutter and dip frequently at times.

And for some reason I can't seem to use the find command to get Tricky to find the frost weeds for the trapped Snowhorn no matter what I do or try.

Hey now, lets not forget about the Eternal Darkness issues here, read up, jack. Smile

Maybe the quantizers should be adjustable again?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5