Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How do i use memory breakpoints in dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

frubam

I'm running Dolphin v2.0 and I wanted to know how would do you use memory breakpoints? There was some basic tutorial that stated to make a file called "GameConfig/Breakpoints.ini" for function breakpoints and "GameConfig/MemoryChecks.ini" for memory breakpoints. Making a "Breakpoints.ini" file and placing the locations I want the function to break in that file will show up when I press the "Add BPs" button on the Breakpoints tab, but there is no option to do the same for memory breakpoints. I don't know if it's that this build doesn't have it or that I'm doing something wrong, or perhaps it's something i'm NOT doing or what. Any help is appreciated.

frubam

Does anyone know the answer? Heck a hint? Anything? I'm, like, so dying to know >.<
I have not been able to get memory breakpoints to work in Dolphin. When I set a memory breakpoint (using the memory breakpoints window or the ini), Dolphin breaks on the instruction after the memory has been accessed. This bug is not that easy to fix - it is a bit of a design problem in Dolphin.

What I resort to doing is to modify the source code to break at the memory location I am interested in. The functions to change are ReadFromHardware and WriteToHardware in MemoryFunctions.cpp.

frubam

(10-24-2010, 09:41 AM)skid Wrote: [ -> ]I have not been able to get memory breakpoints to work in Dolphin. When I set a memory breakpoint (using the memory breakpoints window or the ini), Dolphin breaks on the instruction after the memory has been accessed. This bug is not that easy to fix - it is a bit of a design problem in Dolphin.

What I resort to doing is to modify the source code to break at the memory location I am interested in. The functions to change are ReadFromHardware and WriteToHardware in MemoryFunctions.cpp.

I don't have a memory breakpoints window =0\. Or is the the window that simply has "Delete" "Clear all" "Add BP" "Add BPs"? Maybe i have an old build or something
(10-25-2010, 12:54 PM)frubam Wrote: [ -> ]Or is the the window that simply has "Delete" "Clear all" "Add BP" "Add BPs"? Maybe i have an old build or something

Yes, that's the one. I haven't been able to get it to work that well...