Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Help! Trying to use Dolphin in my laptop on x64 Windows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

geolaya

My Dell Inspiron 1521 laptop have this specs:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 TK-53
RAM 1GB
ATI Radeon X1270
Windows XP 64bits

I have different versions of Dolphin and I only can run it slowly.
I´m trying to play Zelda for GC. When I use OpenGL the emulator stops.
In the 64bits versions of the emulator (SVN_R_2915 and SVN_R_3089) I only can select the OpenGL plugin.
In the 32bits version of the emulator (SVN_R_430_32bits) I run DolphinWx.exe, with OpenGL and the emulator stops.
With the Direct3D9 plugin starts to 60FPS but falls to 3 FPS.

Using the 32bits SVN_R_2390 version and DolphinIL.exe the emulator dies.
Running Dolphin.exe after a lot of plugin warnings, using Direct3D9 the emulator runs starting to 120 FPS but falls to 5 FPS.

Why is recommended OpenGL? How I can use OpenGL and a 64bits version?

Excuse my english!

Muchas gracias, un saludo desde la hermosa Colombia!.
(05-12-2009, 02:09 PM)geolaya Wrote: [ -> ]My Dell Inspiron 1521 laptop have this specs:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 TK-53
RAM 1GB
ATI Radeon X1270
Windows XP 64bits

I have different versions of Dolphin and I only can run it slowly.
I´m trying to play Zelda for GC. When I use OpenGL the emulator stops.
In the 64bits versions of the emulator (SVN_R_2915 and SVN_R_3089) I only can select the OpenGL plugin.
In the 32bits version of the emulator (SVN_R_430_32bits) I run DolphinWx.exe, with OpenGL and the emulator stops.
With the Direct3D9 plugin starts to 60FPS but falls to 3 FPS.

Using the 32bits SVN_R_2390 version and DolphinIL.exe the emulator dies.
Running Dolphin.exe after a lot of plugin warnings, using Direct3D9 the emulator runs starting to 120 FPS but falls to 5 FPS.

Why is recommended OpenGL? How I can use OpenGL and a 64bits version?

Excuse my english!

Muchas gracias, un saludo desde la hermosa Colombia!.

Your Laptop specs are to low! and it isnt smart to test the emu with ZELDA for GC because it isnt work full speed(around 10-20 fps) en the sound dont work also. And using OpenGL gives a great fps boost! and Direct3D9 wont work properly.

have you already visited the Dolphin Requirement topic?
Here
Yeap, Chii is right. Your processor is a dual core 1.7. That's not going to be able to run most games, esp ones that are 3D graphic intensive like Zelda. And here is a quote from 2007 about your integrated video card

"But don't expect any recent games (within 6 months-a year) to play at medium settins, you'll be forced to play them at pretty much the lowest settings"

So, if you could only play games from 2007 at low settings to get any decent speed, it will struggle to handle more advanced demands from the GC emulator. Granted the processor is the part you want to upgrade the most, I'd also suggest upgrading the graphics card as well. And, I'm sorry to say that since your using a laptop, the possibility of upgrading is probably impossible. You'll have to get a new computer or laptop.