Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Sound issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Finally I get to upgrade my PC so that I can do a test again to advance emulator pcsx2 and dolphin.

I'm testing One Piece Unlimited Adventure. After set up averything I found that the sound is fast than graphic. Is there a way to timestretch it to follow graphic speed like pcsx2 do?

Btw, is the any other SPU plugin other than HLE and LLE that I found in Dolphin?

Thanks.
Quote:Btw, is the any other SPU plugin other than HLE and LLE that I found in Dolphin?

No.

You should really post your settings and what revision of dolphin you are using if you want us to be able to help you.
i have that problem with arc rise fantasia too ( 6225 rev )

tried many different configs
(10-06-2010, 10:41 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Btw, is the any other SPU plugin other than HLE and LLE that I found in Dolphin?

No.

You should really post your settings and what revision of dolphin you are using if you want us to be able to help you.

I think I don't need to post all the config since it's a general question. Since pcsx2 had TimeStretch mode, I though that Dolphin have it too. Thanks for answer btw.
It's not a general question it's an issue with a game that might be related to settings and/or a specific revision of dolphin. Have you searched for a game thread for that game?
yes, it's a general question
I agree~
(10-06-2010, 11:04 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]It's not a general question it's an issue with a game that might be related to settings and/or a specific revision of dolphin. Have you searched for a game thread for that game?

Is there a way to timestretch it to follow graphic speed like pcsx2 do?

No answer yet...

Btw, is the any other SPU plugin other than HLE and LLE that I found in Dolphin?

I get the answer NO.

Then which part of the question is not general? Do you mean some game have timestretch option and some game don't in Dolphin emulator? How is that possible that an emulator option is variable for each game? If it true, than this is the first time I heard such thing after testing a lot of emulator Big Grin
To be perfectly honest I have never heard of "timestretch". But I have a feeling it performs the same function as audio throttling in dolphin (which keeps the audio and video threads in sync with each other by throttling the video thread).

Quote:Do you mean some game have timestretch option and some game don't in Dolphin emulator?

Not sure but I know most games don't have this problem but some do.

Quote:How is that possible that an emulator option is variable for each game?

I believe it is a global option that simply doesn't work properly with certain microcodes in certain games.

I would highly advise you look up the gamethread for that game and see if other people have reported a similar issue.

Edit: I looked up timestretching on wikipedia (which is actually called "audio timescale pitch modification") and no dolphin does not do that. Although quite frankly I don't see why you would need it if the game is working properly to begin with.
If you ever use pcsx2 you'll know audio timestretch synchro function is important. It's a spoiler if the audio already at the end of conversation while the visual still strugling to reach the end of it.

Audio throttling I believe just try trying to speed up the sound if the visual is already very fast imo.
Other way around. Audio throttle caps framerate based on audio speed. So if the fullspeed of the game is 30 fps and the audio is running at 80% speed it will cap that framerate at 24 fps. I don't really know why they call it audio throttling since it throttles the video thread not the audio thread. It does not speedup/slowdown sound from what I have seen.

Edit: This my 1,000th post Smile. This calls for a celebration.
Pages: 1 2