Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: WBFS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Guys,can dolphin support wbfs files?
Sounds like you're downloading games illegally.
(09-29-2010, 07:38 AM)Maryse Ouellet Wrote: [ -> ]Guys,can dolphin support wbfs files?

Has it something to do with size? Dolphin can compress ISO's without any err.
You may want to read this: http://r3dux.org/2010/04/how-to-convert-...so-images/
Short question gets a short answer:

No.
(09-29-2010, 08:05 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like you're downloading games illegally.

Sounds more like you are using illegal downloads. When I rip my discs in the Wii to a drive formated with FAT32, I get files with ending ".wbfs". So when you don't know that fact...
I can finish your sentence for you. When you do not know that fact... you do not use FAT32, or you use an LG drive to rip your games. The other option is that you're downloading games illegally.
(10-01-2010, 10:57 PM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]you do not use FAT32

I would say, the probability of this case is going to zero, as we are here at dolphin-emu.com
(10-01-2010, 10:57 PM)[SS] Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]I can finish your sentence for you. When you do not know that fact... you do not use FAT32, or you use an LG drive to rip your games. The other option is that you're downloading games illegally.

There are backup loaders out there that rip to FAT32 disks in wbfs format. Doesn't change the fact tho.

Answer: no.
(10-01-2010, 11:36 PM)Jack Frost Wrote: [ -> ]Answer: no.

Back to topic. Would such loading be possible or is it generally impossible.
It would be possible, but since the majority of wbfs stuff is related to either illegal downloading or dumping games in that format related to backup loading which is considered illegal aswell, we will not consider to add support for it.
That aside, the way wbfs stores images might cause problems similar to those of scrubbing.
Pages: 1 2