Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: what are your system specs, everyone?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am asking this because it seems, there are many idfferent people with far different system specs are getting smooth framerates, I read on the EMUFORUMS someone was getting 60FPS with a PENTIUM D. SO why on EARTH with a DUEL core, would i get such slow horrendous FPS.

I am asking people to post your system specs, and tell me what your FPS is in the games you play.

THe ps2 EMU required much more horse power and I can get 70 FPS in many places with ANTI-aliasing on.

So i am asking to compare.

Also what build are you working, it seems people get better fps in some builds and crappier in others.
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-11797.html

Setting : http://www.dolphin-emu.org/performance.html

Finally,depend on what game you play:
You can play fullspeed on New Super Mario Bros (60FPS) but 20-30 FPS on Super Mario Galaxy (Dual core 2.4Ghz)

P.S Recommend a very good graphic card.Don't compare PCSX2 to dolphin,PCSX2 have speed hack which lower the graphic accuracy and speed hack cause "fake" FPS.Try disable speed hack then you'll see
(09-15-2010, 09:32 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-11797.html

Setting : http://www.dolphin-emu.org/performance.html

Finally,depend on what game you play:
You can play fullspeed on New Super Mario Bros (60FPS) but 20-30 FPS on Super Mario Galaxy (Dual core 2.4Ghz)

P.S Recommend a very good graphic card.Don't compare PCSX2 to dolphin,PCSX2 have speed hack which lower the graphic accuracy and speed hack cause "fake" FPS.Try disable speed hack then you'll see

So what you are saying is that if the Dolphin emu runs some games great, and others bad, there is an issue between the emulator and the game itself. I just can't grab a hold of the fact that some people have worse systems then mine, and not as good video cards, and they get nice frame rates in games.

I will try the setup guide and set it to what it recommends. I refuse to give up.

Also, the reason I say PS2 is superior to WII, is there no way in this green earth, that a game like God of War II can be run on the WII. The WII would choke and die. It just does NOT have the graphics power to handle that.

Mostly, or all the games for the WII are either cell shaded or "cartoony."

I am NOT saying I know EVERYTHING, all I am stating is that I just can't UNDERSTAND why my computer cannot handle basically a "WII" system.

It just seems ludicrous to me you need something like an I7, to run the emulator. You mine as well just play on your normal WII and not even bother.

I will try the settings you have linked and see if there is an improvement. There are several in there that I didn't know would work or needed to be checked. I have tried it on Direct 3D.

What is weird though if I go form OPENGL to Direct 3D. There is absolutely NO FPS gain. Which again makes no sense.

I really have a STRANGE feeling that the Dolphin emulator is not compatible with "SLI" type video cards such as mine.

I am going to turn SLI mode off and see what happens and give input.

If I am speaking out of my butt you are welcome to tell me. I just am so dang confused.

Most 95% Wii,GC game run fullspeed on my new system btw
And the one who tested PCSx2 on that forum was me,my old specs :
Pentium D 3.06Ghz
Nvidia 9800Gt
Ram 2Gb
Most game depend on my beast GPU,you're right Dolphin not support more than 2 core and SLI

Please give more info about your specs (CPU speed,GPU,Ram,OS 32/64bit).Download CPUZ and check it

(09-15-2010, 11:02 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Most 95% Wii,GC game run fullspeed on my new system btw
And the one who tested PCSx2 on that forum was me,my old specs :
Pentium D 3.06Ghz
Nvidia 9800Gt
Ram 2Gb
Most game depend on my beast GPU

Please give more info about your specs (CPU speed,GPU,Ram,OS 32/64bit).Download CPUZ and check it

Ill give it to you now, I built the thing:

I have an AMD 4600+ running at 2.8GHZ (It's over clocked from it's 2.4) So not a major overclock. It's the X2 (meaning Duel Core)

I hav an MSI 7528 Motherboard, which is TRUE SLI Compatible, but I have never had two physical Video cards. THe PCI - E slot are Set to NON Sli mode. However my video card is a DUAL video card meaning Two video cards connecting to each other, then can run in SLI mode. (In the Same PCI-E slot)

I have a 7950GX2, which has 1024 (combined) memory on it. It's speed is set default through the bios of the card to 600MHZ for it's speed. (Each GPU chip) Ram speed is 550MHZ (default.) I never overclock the video card it's too dangerous.

My ram is Kingston Ram, DDR1. I have 2GB worth, setup in Duel channels, 512X4. It's Latency Timings are low: 3-3-3-4.

I am running Windows XP 32 Bit. The reason I am not running Windows 7, is that my Video card is not a Direct X 10 card, so I actually get SLOWER performance in my PC games. I had 7 awhile, while windows ran like a dream, it did not do my games justice.

I do not want to go to 64 Bit as, in the past it's a PAIN IN THE ASS to find drivers for 64 bit, especially for my system. So not worth the pain.

You said that Dolphin does not support SLI mode. So I will try turning it off, I am at work right now. When I get home I'll experiment.

Try this one http://www.mediafire.com/?iioimkwnmcg , use the setting which i gave to you but don't set resolution 1920x1080 like that site,1280x720 is enough (Remember to use Direct 3D9 plugin)
Thanks,

I shall try when I get home.

I appreciate you taking time to help me, means a lot.
PC Specs:

MSI 770-C45 mobo
8GB 1033 ram (way underclocked due to mismatching ram sets, usually 1600)
AMD Phenom II 965 4x OC @ 3.9Ghz (upping once I get an AM fan)
3 1TB Samsung HDD's, 1 WD 160GB HD & 2TB WD external HDD
Radeon HD 4870 1GB
Creative Sound Blaster XtremeGamer
730W PSU
Logitech Z-5500's
I-Inc 28" and LG 22"
Big-ass tower
Windows 7 64 bit Premium

I run 100% on all games even with 4 players. The only exception is safe texture cache mode on the safe setting, which slows down emulation quite a bit depending on the game. OC'ing my processor helped tremendously with speed (not that I had massive issues to begin with). It's sort of annoying because the safe texture cache really does work very well in stopping crashes, but it slows down things, and, if I don't use it, I'll get a crash every once in a while. Again, that depends on the game.
(09-15-2010, 11:28 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Try this one http://www.mediafire.com/?iioimkwnmcg , use the setting which i gave to you but don't set resolution 1920x1080 like that site,1280x720 is enough (Remember to use Direct 3D9 plugin)

Hey man on the version you gave me I do not have a DISPLAY tab.

It seems I just ca't get above 15 FPS no matter what ssettings I do.
im the worst here , E5300 no OC haha............
Pages: 1 2