Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: best version to play tales of symphonya
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, first of all i am new here so i didn't really know where to put my thread, so bear with me please...
i have downloaded dolphin with one objective: to play tales of symphonya, i have the ps2 version but my japanese is weak..so i need to play here.. so i downloaded the 2630 version and keeps crashing in the temple... is there a version that is perfect for this game? by perfect i mean playable to the end.. whats the best possible revision i can get? thanks..
How did you even manage to get such an old version? Go get some newer builds here: http://www.dolphin-emu.com/downloads.php
ok i tried with the 3089 and the crash happens at the same place.. then i tried the dolphinIL and it worked!!! what is this IL, whats the difference between them?
Heh,even in the newest version the game has plenty of bugs,don't be fooled by the ``Perfect´´ emulation status on the loading screen,it randomly crashes when you use savestates(both in normal and IL version),sound is choppy and sometimes missing and there is a bothersome bug that I call ``Sopa de Letras´´ that causes letters on menus and dialogue to move like crazy.
but anyone here have played the game from beggining to the end? and done all the extra sidequests? I really want to play this game.. and so far its working with the IL version... i never experienced the crash in the savestates(i have saved about 4-5 times)
I haven't advanced much but I haven't yet found a bug that doesn't allow you to continue,there are some places were the emu can freeze but using the IL version should prevent it from happening(Not 100% sure),but don't worry,once I finish the game I'll tell yaBig Grin.
well let us play then!!! and to update the situation.. i tested again using the normal dolphin without the IL and i passed the part at the temple that i got stuck before..and to make things more confuse:i got the crash WITH the IL version in the temple. Conclusion: Good luck to us, playing in whatever version works in the moment.
Things will always be somewhat unstable this IS an emulator... Btw, are you using the PAL or the NTSC version of the game?
i know that emulation is hard and unstable, but there are GBA and SNES emulators that are perfect by now,and a vast number of old consoles(atari,jaguar,etc) .. its just a matter of time.. i am not complaining, but to have the status labeled fully playable is a little far fetched for this game, without the crashes it would make my day. I can deal with sound issues and 'sopa de letras'.
my copy is NTSC,the PAL version runs better?

cmccmc

Well technically
I help maintain the database and our classification of perfect simply means that. You can play it from beginning to end. We don't care about graphical glitches,sound glitches or RANDOM freezing because eventually you will advance and finish. If it always happens than it's only ingame
Pages: 1 2