Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin for network connection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

black5

Hi,

I am curious if it's possible to use Dolphin to determine what server a game is trying to connect to when it tries to go on WiFi. For example, a game like Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicle and Mario Kart Wii may be connecting to different server, but there no real way to tell that. I am wondering if there is something within Dolphin that would allow me to look at the server address.

It's a very powerful emulator, so it should be able to spit out the network the game is attempting to connect to...

I am not exactly sure where to post this, so I figured "General Discussion" would be fitting.
(08-22-2010, 01:41 PM)black5 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I am curious if it's possible to use Dolphin to determine what server a game is trying to connect to when it tries to go on WiFi. For example, a game like Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicle and Mario Kart Wii may be connecting to different server, but there no real way to tell that. I am wondering if there is something within Dolphin that would allow me to look at the server address.

It's a very powerful emulator, so it should be able to spit out the network the game is attempting to connect to...

I am not exactly sure where to post this, so I figured "General Discussion" would be fitting.

You'd need to modify the /dev/net/ip/top IOS HLE emulation so that it prints out the target address when trying to open a socket. It's as easy as that, although you're probably out of luck if you don't know C++ Wink