Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Possible Break Through for Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

cmccmc

no it doesn't
(06-18-2009, 11:40 AM)XSFOX Wrote: [ -> ]Er, Recording with as Frame dumping will not show the speed it was played at.

As it's just dumping Frames and combining them into a AVI file.

Oh yeah I forgot about that
Quote:The frame limiter jumps the emu from 5fps to 50

it does what ?

please tell me about that behavior. i wrote it and can fix it, but till now nobody complained... so please tell me what is the fault, in more then 1 sentence !
exspecially how it can be reproduced.
In R3463 x64 if I set the frame limiter to 60fps the emulator goes really slow, then full speed, then really slow again, etc. It does this every 2 seconds or so. I saw someone else on the forum talking about this. I can make a video if you want.
could be a mistake that came in with rev 3447 as the fps output was renewed by jpeterson...don't thought it would mess up that much, but its possible.
(the timer that counts down the frametimes is no longer resetet)

i dont have access to svn so i cant fix it, sorry.

we have to wait for ector (i wrote a message to him) or someone else to fix it.

if you got a possibility to compile yourself :

in core/core.cpp -> function Callback_VideoCopiedToXFB()

add the line
"old_frametime=0;"
just below
"if (Timer.GetTimeDifference() >= 1000)
{"

cmccmc

yeah it was broken in 3447 I just tested 3445 and it was working fine. What it does is cause it to go from normal speed to 0.5 fps and back every other second. I was never able to narrow it down to what it was though
when somebody adds in the line, it will all work again.

just wait a few days till the devs notice it Smile

you can use my 3374 compile with framelimiter in the meantime if you want : http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-1813.html
Pages: 1 2 3 4