Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Yet another 'dolphin is slow' thread. 'Cept this one makes no sense.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So... basically all I play on Dolphin is Metroid Prime.

It runs horribly slow, and I KNOW it's not my specs. Probably user error, so if someone could please help me set up Dolphin to not suck, that would be much appreciated.

Specs in sig.
I can't help you, but just want to say I'm super jealous of your system.
Try using the DX9 plugin if you are using the OpenGL one, try using the OpenGL plugin if you are using DX9...
Also, use the lastest SVN build:
http://www.dolphin-emu.org/download.html
Use x64 version, if your game is PAL (European/Australian) disable PAL60 mode
Your PC is really fast.
Just use the newest x64 build and DX9 and you'll be fine.
Quote:It runs horribly slow, and I KNOW it's not my specs. Probably user error, so if someone could please help me set up Dolphin to not suck, that would be much appreciated.

Set efb copy to texture, use dx9 plugin (11 could have still some minor flaws), turn audio throttle off, framelimiter to auto.

IIRC, Metroid could need xfb or realxfb enabled as well. Either way, your rig will naturally run everything as fast as is physically possible with dolphin.

(08-14-2010, 05:29 PM)jumb Wrote: [ -> ]I can't help you, but just want to say I'm super jealous of your system.

Heh, some people on other forums are always shaking their heads and asking 'why spend over $2k on a computer'...

Then again, it's a very cheap hobby compared to audio mixing, repairing old cars etc.
Got the latest x64 build.... tried Dx9 instead of OpenGL. Now I can't exit because if I click the (x) it says 'Error: Can't read info'.

Edit: Same problem exists in OpenGL on latest. I'll try a prior build.

Edit 2.0: Fixed that. Mostly 100% speed now, but the menu music and intro are slow.... 15% speed in the later. Also whenever I (x) out, it stops responding.
Post your Dolphin settings !
I've been meaning to do that since I started this thread.

[Image: settings.jpg]

I would really like to be able to run it at 1080p + 16x AA/AF with the 'Bad Bloom' shader. I'll go see how much that affects performance.
You still didn't change the most important setting :\ which is causing you slowdowns

Ocean Wrote:Set efb copy to texture

Also safe texture cache is unnecessary for most games (but it might've been useful for Metroid, can't remember)
Pages: 1 2