Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Very low FPS, Monster Hunter Tri
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everyone, first time user here and first time using Dolphin as well. I started off with a couple of issues of which alot of reading has solved, however this last one I cant seem to get rid of. Launching (Monster Hunter Tri) and going through the menus I am getting 30fps, but once I hit the character creation screen it drops to 2 fps. I haven't even been able to get past that and in game to see if my fps would stay around 2 or not (kept pressing the button to accept changes for character creation and nothing happened, yet in the menu system the same button was fine). My system specs are as follows...

Dolphin Build: Dolphin SVR N 6058 x64
AMD Phenom II 945
MSI 770G45
4GB DDR3 1333
ATI Radeon 5850 1gb
950w PSU
2x Seagate HDs on RAID 0
Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

As for my config with Dolphin, I've tried everything (to my knowledge) and some guides as well for changing specific settings to no avail. I have not tried any other game as of yet, dont have any others at the moment. Has anyone else had the same problems with the same game? Or if anyone has any specific settings suggestions that hopefully I missed that would be great, thanks.

PS. If I missed any info that you need, just say so
(08-06-2010, 02:46 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]This game just started working r5994 with skids MMU commit, it was already stated that the MMU was slow due to lack of speed optimizations, and it was mentioned that skid would be spreading the optimizations across several commits due to issues he had with the speed optimized code.

There isn't much else you can do but wait, I hope you didn't expect that the game would immediately run flawlessly after it just started working..

I wasn't really sure what to expect tbh, i've just recently started messing with emulators so I am still learning. But I am happy to know that a fix is in the works for this problem. I had not read what you had posted before, so all is good I guess and I will just wait along with the rest of you. Thanks for the input, greatly appriciated.
(08-06-2010, 02:34 AM)Veno Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everyone, first time user here and first time using Dolphin as well. I started off with a couple of issues of which alot of reading has solved, however this last one I cant seem to get rid of. Launching (Monster Hunter Tri) and going through the menus I am getting 30fps, but once I hit the character creation screen it drops to 2 fps. I haven't even been able to get past that and in game to see if my fps would stay around 2 or not (kept pressing the button to accept changes for character creation and nothing happened, yet in the menu system the same button was fine). My system specs are as follows...

Dolphin Build: Dolphin SVR N 6058 x64
AMD Phenom II 945
MSI 770G45
4GB DDR3 1333
ATI Radeon 5850 1gb
950w PSU
2x Seagate HDs on RAID 0
Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

As for my config with Dolphin, I've tried everything (to my knowledge) and some guides as well for changing specific settings to no avail. I have not tried any other game as of yet, dont have any others at the moment. Has anyone else had the same problems with the same game? Or if anyone has any specific settings suggestions that hopefully I missed that would be great, thanks.

PS. If I missed any info that you need, just say so

try using a revision from here;
http://cid-9faae3caa4bf67bb.skydrive.liv...=177631214

anyone ending in MH3 should work.
Im running on a laptop
duo core 2.1
4gb ram
1gb nvidia
dolphin 5192 SSE3 by spellforce

and I get a decent 28 FPS on average both in battle and 100% speed in village.
It looks like I was wrong, MH3 Tri was already working, I must have been thinking of another game.
I fixed MH3 in r6004.

Veno, try using the DX9 plugin and changing the watermark tightness to 0. That seemed to fix it for me.
(08-06-2010, 11:14 AM)skid Wrote: [ -> ]I fixed MH3 in r6004.

Veno, try using the DX9 plugin and changing the watermark tightness to 0. That seemed to fix it for me.

I tried dropping the watermark setting to 0, and still have my fps suck at 2. Also tried using the Direct X 9 plugin with the same issue coming about. Is it possible I could just have a setting screwed up somewhere? I guess I will try to use one of the previous versions, but since Skid said that MH3 was fixed in 6004 what problems will I run into with an earlier version then that?
It won't work with svn versions below r6004 at all (you won't get past the "Start game" screen.

Alternative is to try the link that ajaxxx gave.
(08-06-2010, 11:56 AM)skid Wrote: [ -> ]It won't work with svn versions below r6004 at all (you won't get past the "Start game" screen.

Alternative is to try the link that ajaxxx gave.

From the looks of things on that page, everything dates back to before 6004 (unless I am mistaken)? Is there anyone that can just post up their settings file if they dont mind so I can just make sure its not me? Someone who does have MH3 running smoothly. In any case, I tried it and like you said on previous versions it would crash to a black screen, and that it did.

So what I said in my original post was correct? I don't know how Spellforce got it working, as far as I know he isn't a coder nor does he fix issues with the emulator.
(08-06-2010, 12:14 PM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]

So what I said in my original post was correct? I don't know how Spellforce got it working, as far as I know he isn't a coder nor does he fix issues with the emulator.

His builds for MH3 work just fine.
here's the link to the discussion for MH3.
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-5117-page-28.html
Pages: 1 2