Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Bad FPS problems, capable computer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I've already browsed the support forums looking for help before. All the recommended settings are set, I've tried DX93D instead of OpenGL, fiddling with other settings, but I just can't figure it out. I get FPS dips as low as 30 in menus, and as low as 20 in game, even on 640x480 resolution. My system specs are as follows;

ATI Radeon 5870 HD
AMD Phenom II (Don't remember the model) x4 clocked in at 3.4 per core
4gb DDR3 ram @1600mhz

Also, when I use my SIXAXIS controller for my gamecube controller, sometimes when I press down to go under a platform in, say, SSBB, I jump instead, even with a pretty high dead zone. Anyone know what that could be?

Oehr

which revision? and AA is a huge performance hit for any graphics card - at least in dolphin(dx9 plugin for sure!). gtx480 here Big Grin

also it would be nice to know which games youre talking about. pikmin runs fine for me, but star wars is as slow as growing grass - even in the menu :3
(08-05-2010, 02:53 PM)Oehr Wrote: [ -> ]which revision? and AA is a huge performance hit for any graphics card - at least in dolphin(dx9 plugin for sure!). gtx480 here Big Grin

also it would be nice to know which games youre talking about. pikmin runs fine for me, but star wars is as slow as growing grass - even in the menu :3

I've tried a few, but right now I have r6054. The games I've played are Paper Mario Thousand Year Door, SSBM, and SSBB. All of them run at sub 60 frames, even on the lowest graphical settings and resolutions. It makes no sense, at least to me. If I can run Crysis at 1920x1080 w/ 4xAA, I should be able to play gamecube games fine.
It makes sense since emulation != pc gaming.
(08-05-2010, 03:55 PM)naoan Wrote: [ -> ]It makes sense since emulation != pc gaming.

Not when others with worse system specs are getting full FPS.
try the setup guide.
(08-05-2010, 04:06 PM)conanthecanadian Wrote: [ -> ]Not when others with worse system specs are getting full FPS.

That indeed, though you need to specify in detail your setting for us to help, also your OS and dolphin version.
(08-05-2010, 04:07 PM)obscured Wrote: [ -> ]try the setup guide.

I have already went through the setup guide completely, to no change in FPS.

@Naoan; Sorry, forgot OS. I'm running Windows XP Professional, SP3.
Plugin setting screenshot? tried this http://www.dolphin-emu.org/performance.html yet?
(08-05-2010, 04:45 PM)naoan Wrote: [ -> ]Plugin setting screenshot? tried this http://www.dolphin-emu.org/performance.html yet?

I just changed everything to the performance link you've provided, still was dipped to 34-40 frames in SSBB.
Pages: 1 2 3