Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin and its options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I can't understand the question. It is not phrased in proper english.
I think he's asking how to map keys for those functions to the buttons on an actual controller, most likely he doesn't have a real Wiimote.
Hey, I see you guys sporting those great looking Xtemulation signatures. How is that forum, I've always wanted to join that very awesome community? Smile
We are quite good actually, feel free to stop by when you get a chance since things have been a bit slow lately so we'd appreciate the company. Wink

Yeah, the signature was made by one of the talented artists on our forum. I thought the siggy was quite cool looking so I replaced my old signature with this updated signature.

(11-01-2010, 04:52 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]I think he's asking how to map keys for those functions to the buttons on an actual controller, most likely he doesn't have a real Wiimote.

Yes.
WiiMote Plugin -> setting(Config) -> IR\Tilt\Swing - wthat it is?

On only keyboard.
If I use the "Enable Progressive Scan" option with Gamecube games do I have to enable it by holding B when when it starts? And for Wii games?

What is the "EuRGB60 Mode (PAL60)" option for? I've read the description in the first post but I don't understand if it's better to use it or not. Since it is checked by default I guess it is but I would like an explanation about it. I know that the PAL standard is at 50Hz, so this a "newer" version of PAL but with 60Hz like NTSC? Meaning that the PAL60 is a combination of both standards?

What is the "Skip GC BIOS" option for? Is it the new name of the HLE the IPL? I noticed that even if I don't check it any game that I've played enabled it after the first time (and it remained that way after exiting).

What is the "Enable Idle Skipping" option for? I know it gives a speedup but I'm intereseted in knowing what it does, of course if it isn't too complicated. =/

I always thought that the "Enable CPU Access" option was needed since it was checked by default, instead I found out that disabling it helped some random slowdowns in Resident Evil 4. Did I miss something by doing so?

What is the "Pixel Depth" option for?

I noticed that you have added 0.75x, 0.5x and 0.375x as EFB scale options, how come?

Is the "Audio Throttle" useful if I use the Framelimit to Auto option? They seem to do the same thing but in different ways. Plus, I don't undertand the "Use FPS For Limiting" option. The "Framelimit" options already uses frames for limiting, so what is the use of that option?

Sorry for the many questions, I'm just curious to know. Tongue
Quote:What is the "Enable Idle Skipping" option for? I know it gives a speedup but I'm intereseted in knowing what it does, of course if it isn't too complicated. =/

Give me a minute to think of a good way to explain this.

Think of dolphin is a massive complicated software pipeline that consists of many steps performed one after another with the output of each step being used at the input of the next step, and the whole thing has to run in sync (everything moving at the correct speed). If one step is sitting idle for awhile everything else will stop as well since everything needs to run in sync. This option simply allows the other steps to continue even if the cpu is sitting idle (not doing anything) until it resumes. However since they can't output a result until the cpu resumes without throwing the whole cycle out of sync they simply do the work, cache the result, then wait for the cpu to resume to release the result from the cache to the regular output. Make sense?

If their are any developers reading this feel free to correct me if I have "dumbed it down" to much.

Quote:I always thought that the "Enable CPU Access" option was needed since it was checked by default, instead I found out that disabling it helped some random slowdowns in Resident Evil 4. Did I miss something by doing so?

Disabling CPU access improves performance but may break some certain effects in some games. If you're asking if you broke something that that particular game by turning it off I wouldn't know since I don't have that particular game. Probably not though considering the vast majority of games don't need this option.

Quote:What is the "Pixel Depth" option for?

Performs depth calculations per pixel instead of per vertex. If your gpu is not powerful enough to handle it you may experience a slowdown but it is needed to prevent flickering textures or other depth issues in some games.

Quote:I noticed that you have added 0.75x, 0.5x and 0.375x as EFB scale options, how come?

So that the people who don't have a powerful enough gpu for the higher scales don't have to use the native resolution. Although I personally think this decision was stupid at best and that the developer who made the change should have talked to neobrain first since the new scales will break various efb effects since the scale needs to be a whole number for some fb effects to work properly (since otherwise some pixels get merged/duplicated during scaling more than others), but that's a whole different story for a different time.

Quote:Is the "Audio Throttle" useful if I use the Framelimit to Auto option? They seem to do the same thing but in different ways. Plus, I don't undertand the "Use FPS For Limiting" option. The "Framelimit" options already uses frames for limiting, so what is the use of that option?

It's just stupid wording is all. Framelimit controls vps (emulated cpu speed) if use fps for limiting is off and fps (emulated gpu speed) if use fps for limiting is on. Framelimit only takes effect if audio throttle is off. Audio throttle overrides it and is used instead if it is on. Audio throttle can fix audio issues and even crashing/black screens in some games but can cause issues in many games and will reduce performance. For most games I find it is usually better to leave it off and use fps for limiting since vps can sometimes change at different parts of the same game.

Quote:If I use the "Enable Progressive Scan" option with Gamecube games do I have to enable it by holding B when when it starts? And for Wii games?

Not completely sure but I am fairly sure that this only effects some wii games and yes I believe you do need to hold down b when it starts.

Quote:What is the "EuRGB60 Mode (PAL60)" option for? I've read the description in the first post but I don't understand if it's better to use it or not. Since it is checked by default I guess it is but I would like an explanation about it. I know that the PAL standard is at 50Hz, so this a "newer" version of PAL but with 60Hz like NTSC? Meaning that the PAL60 is a combination of both standards?

Runs PAL (european) games with 60 fps as the fullspeed instead of 50 fps, simple as that.

Quote:What is the "Skip GC BIOS" option for? Is it the new name of the HLE the IPL? I noticed that even if I don't check it any game that I've played enabled it after the first time (and it remained that way after exiting).

You can dump the bios off of your GC as a .bin file and store it in a folder within dolphin. If you uncheck that options it will emulate the GC bios using the file you dumped. But if you enable that option it skips that step. Obviously if you don't actually have one stored in the correct directory then it will enable the option for you automatically so that your games will start up.

Man where did all these people come from these last few weeks? I think it's because of the site move.
Thanks a lot NaturalViolence!
Pages: 1 2 3 4