Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin and its options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Bumping this in case the op forgets to check back.
This is quite informational, the op seemed helpful so I'm curious as to why he was banned? I am having trouble finding anything in his post history that would warrant a ban so I thought I would ask.
he got pissed off at some clueless user and used profanity some time ago, but the post was edited
Well that explains it. I think I'm going to continue his work since it's so important in my opinion.
What does "Force bi/trilinear filtering" do? When I enable/disable it in game I notice some changes to the textures (to me it seems the color) but I don't know if it's better to use it or not. =/

When I enable OpenCL (so I can use my VGA) the games seem to run the same way, I thought of getting a speedup...

When I enable the 16x anisotropic filtering nothing changes, is it normal? What does it do?

What does "Enable Pixel Lightning" do?

I started using Internal Resolution 3x instead of AA 4x because to me it seemed to achieve the same result without a perfomance hit, could there be any downsides?

Which audio backend is better, DSound or OpenAL?

Is there an option that could help with audio out of sync (RE Zero)?

Some expert of Dolphin should complete this guide, IMHO it's very useful. :)
Well I picked up where he left off, still a work in progress though, haven't found a lot of time for it: http://naturalviolence.webs.com/dolphinc...ration.htm
Nice guide!
I look forward to see it complete. Smile

P.S.
In the option "Start Renderer in Fullscreen" as an advantage I would write that because it's in fullscreen the OS gives Dolphin a higher priority and thus better performance (depends), at least this happens with PC games.
Plus, playing with the window frame is horrible IMHO. Big Grin
Obviously if playing in fullscreen you need a decent resolution compared to the monitor native one, so it depends on the PC specs.
Quote:Which audio backend is better, DSound or OpenAL?

DSound

Quote:I started using Internal Resolution 3x instead of AA 4x because to me it seemed to achieve the same result without a perfomance hit, could there be any downsides?

Well obviously 3x efb + 4xSSAA will provide better IQ (image quality). So if your hardware isn't powerful enough to handle both then it's up to you to choose which one you prefer, which is a personal preference.

Quote:What does "Enable Pixel Lightning" do?

Exactly what it says. It allows per-pixel shading. It takes a big performance hit but is needed for certain lighting effects in certain games to work (also if you want to use anaglyph 3D you will need this to be on).

Quote:When I enable the 16x anisotropic filtering nothing changes, is it normal? What does it do?

It might not be very noticeable but it improves the quality of textures that are at a very obtuse angle to the camera (usually far away textures).

Quote:When I enable OpenCL (so I can use my VGA) the games seem to run the same way, I thought of getting a speedup...

Depends on the game. Only some games get an fps increase from the opencl texture decoder, not very many. The opencl texture decoder may also speed up load times in-game though.

Quote:What does "Force bi/trilinear filtering" do? When I enable/disable it in game I notice some changes to the textures (to me it seems the color) but I don't know if it's better to use it or not. =/

Not going to go in-depth on what it does since you have wikipedia for that but basically it improves the quality of textures and other 2D images.
All clear, thanks. Smile
Hi all.
I'm use keyboard and me need customize buttons.
What they are accountable this option?
- IR
- Tilt
- Swing
- Shake

Please answer.
Pages: 1 2 3 4