Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: 60 Hz in PAL games?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey there. I cant enable 60 Hz in GC or Wii PAL games. I enabled PAL60 mode in Wii config, but the game starts in 50 Hz, and in Gamecube pressing B at the start of the game will not work.
Any idea?
(07-20-2010, 07:32 PM)Hero Of Time Wrote: [ -> ]Hey there. I cant enable 60 Hz in GC or Wii PAL games. I enabled PAL60 mode in Wii config, but the game starts in 50 Hz, and in Gamecube pressing B at the start of the game will not work.
Any idea?

Why did you try to enable 60 Hz in GC or Wii PAL games? What wrong with PAL games? Undecided
(07-21-2010, 02:15 AM)deepsea433 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-20-2010, 07:32 PM)Hero Of Time Wrote: [ -> ]Hey there. I cant enable 60 Hz in GC or Wii PAL games. I enabled PAL60 mode in Wii config, but the game starts in 50 Hz, and in Gamecube pressing B at the start of the game will not work.
Any idea?

Why did you try to enable 60 Hz in GC or Wii PAL games? What wrong with PAL games? Undecided

Because sometimes they are not properly converted and as such run 12.5% slower than they should. Which is pretty noticeable in some games like Final Fantasy 10. What revision and game are you using, I can use the 60 Hz option in most of my Wii games and in some of my gamecube games.
I have the same problem: Dolphin doesnt run Wii PAL games in 60hz. Use PAL60 Mode is enabled in the config, but it doesnt do anything. I tested it with Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Muramasa The Demon Blade and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. Anyone know a solution for this?
(08-16-2010, 09:42 PM)ICAC123 Wrote: [ -> ]I have the same problem: Dolphin doesnt run Wii PAL games in 60hz. Use PAL60 Mode is enabled in the config, but it doesnt do anything. I tested it with Super Smash Brothers Brawl, The Sky Crawlers and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. Anyone know a solution for this?

Does the same thing happen when you enable progressive scan? Its in Config -> Wii . What revision are you on?
Enabling progrssive scan doesn't matter: the games are still running at 50Hz. I'm using the newest SVN (6099).
(08-16-2010, 10:10 PM)ICAC123 Wrote: [ -> ]Enabling progrssive scan doesn't matter: the games are still running at 50Hz. I'm using the newest SVN (6099).

Hmm nevermind. I upgraded my dolphin revision and I seem to have hit the same bug.
(07-21-2010, 02:15 AM)deepsea433 Wrote: [ -> ]
Any idea?

50 and 60 Hz are generally the actual framerate of the games, if they run at a constant 60 frames per second that is. If you're playing Mario Galaxy (which happens to run at 60fps constantly in NTSC), the PAL version will go 10 frames per second slower than the NTSC version. This actually gives you a slight bit of an edge if your PC is too slow to maintain a perfect 60fps, but it's kind of dumb if your rig can play any game at fullspeed.

Sonic 1 on the original Genesis is a perfect example of how to make a bad PAL version. Not only did the PAL version run 10fps slower than NTSC, the music was slowed down by 12.5% as well. Thankfully, this doesn't seem to happen anymore, but it was annoying in some old game systems.

You can force the game to play at 60fps in Dolphin by adjusting the framerate limiters (set 60 in the limiter). Unfortunately this will often speed the sound up along with the graphics...
Still, you can play at 20 fps with a 120hz screen, both things aren't related to each other.

You can try setting the frame limiter to 30/60 fps when playing PAL game, but you might see weird things coming (ex: superfast sound).
PAL games are meant to be played at 25/50 fps, nothing more ^^
(08-17-2010, 12:23 AM)anthonyda Wrote: [ -> ]Still, you can play at 20 fps with a 120hz screen, both things aren't related to each other.

You can try setting the frame limiter to 30/60 fps when playing PAL game, but you might see weird things coming (ex: superfast sound).
PAL games are meant to be played at 25/50 fps, nothing more ^^

So thats why most games offer an option to run in 60 Hz right Rolleyes Heck, only a few games in my Wii collection don't give a warning message when starting a game in 50 Hz.
Pages: 1 2