Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: DSP LLE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I would like to know what it is exactly, this is what will play audio in zelda etc?
Doesn't work yet, but their goal is to get sound in Zelda with it. If you want to know what it is, check out this
http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/wik...onAndIdeas
ok thanks, do you tell me where is the actual code? 10% 50% ? just to get an idea.

I look forward that it works :p
From what I can tell, the DSP LLE plugin is getting sound to work (very slow and sputery of course, it is 1:1 non-optimized emulation of the sound chip) in most games. However, Zelda, Mario, etc all seem to use a very, very specialized ROM for the DSP chip that needs all of the instructions to work perfectly, and they're doing lots of experiments right now to track down bugs and better understand the chip as a whole.

They're running tests on a real Wii, and then using the results from those tests to improve their own DSP emulation. Literally, they're doing things like throwing a bunch of multiply operands at the real chip, and then testing to make sure that their emulated chip is calculating the same results. It's hard work without a lot of return, but eventually they'll discover the bug that's making Zelda not work, and there will be much rejoicing.

Of course, they don't seem to have plans to actually release the LLE plugin, it's more of a debugging tool. Really, they want to understand what the game is asking the chip to do on a high level, so they can just add those features into the existing HLE plugin. But I could be mistaken.
(05-03-2009, 04:43 AM)thegamefreak0134 Wrote: [ -> ]Of course, they don't seem to have plans to actually release the LLE plugin, it's more of a debugging tool. Really, they want to understand what the game is asking the chip to do on a high level, so they can just add those features into the existing HLE plugin. But I could be mistaken.

The LLE plugin has been in every single build I've seen and built. It's just not the default.
ok thx thegamefreak0134 Smile

cmccmc

(05-03-2009, 02:43 PM)mikedep333 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-03-2009, 04:43 AM)thegamefreak0134 Wrote: [ -> ]Of course, they don't seem to have plans to actually release the LLE plugin, it's more of a debugging tool. Really, they want to understand what the game is asking the chip to do on a high level, so they can just add those features into the existing HLE plugin. But I could be mistaken.

The LLE plugin has been in every single build I've seen and built. It's just not the default.
yes but you can't use it because they never released the dumper so you can get dsp-rom and dsp-coff
Yes that's true, it is included in every release for some time now, but I think for legal reasons they're not allowed to publish the dump from the Wii's DSP chip, but it is something you can do if you have your own Wii...
ector said they would release the dumping tools when the LLE is ready
(05-04-2009, 07:40 PM)KHRZ Wrote: [ -> ]ector said they would release the dumping tools when the LLE is ready

Oh nice. Big Grin
Pages: 1 2