Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: dolphin is slow but my specs is good,why?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi,
i have a computer with:
e7400@2.8
4gb of ram @667
hd2600 ati pro
and the dolphin option is:
dualcore:on
enable idel skipping on
hle the ipl on
opencl on
jit on
lock thread off
dsp on thread off
video plugin direct9:
enablecpu to efb access
disable fog
efb copy to tuxture
use native map
hle option:
dtk music on
hle audio on
i use new wiimote plugin"not the old one"with real wiimote and nunck
i use gamebooster
i setup my vga options all to performance

the problem:
i get very low fsp in games like:

no more heros : 15 fps
smg 2 : 10 fps
naruto 3 :20fps

and the list go on

i use revision 5876 with windows 7

this revision is build for sse4

why its slow my pc is good isn't it

look at this man playing happly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0969uuk0aps

tell my why plz

thank
sry i made an error

its no more heros 2 with 15 fps

and is enbaling opencl will help me anyway cause my card don't support it anyway but when i enable it it doesn't give me any error so i enable it anyway bu it don't give me any performance
Only your CPU is good ,ram speed and GPU(video card) is slow
Buy ati 5770 or nvidia 9800Gt will increase FPS to 30FPS
Note : dolphin r4980 alot faster than newer rev

mewster

Because your specs aren't that good.
(07-15-2010, 05:41 PM)mahmoudkida Wrote: [ -> ]and is enbaling opencl will help me anyway cause my card don't support it anyway but when i enable it it doesn't give me any error so i enable it anyway bu it don't give me any performance

No, because ati cards below radeon 4000 can't support opencl. And hd2600 is a 3-4 year old slow card. It will not be able to run most games at full speed.
@admin89: his ram speed is pretty much irrelevant here.

@mewster: his specs are fine. i can run smg2 at about 45fps average with a 3.4ghz phenom II, which clock for clock is roughly the same as an e7~00 series core 2 in dolphin, maybe even slightly slower. that's with a hd4200 @ 720x480 using r5875. as his cpu is only 600mhz slower than mine, or less than 20%, he should be able to run smg2 at around 35-40fps.
so, what resolution are you using mahmoudkida? your best bet would be to try running at 640x480 first and see what speed you get. to find the max resolution that you can use with that graphics card just increase resolution from there until you start losing fps.
thanks for all of u for your answers u really helped me

u bet right turingpest i use 640x480 and i get this speed

all the games are pal so the max fps is 30 so i get 50% performance"15-20 fps"

so u think i need to improve my vga ,how about hd4670 will it improve my performance much or little?

and 2gb @1066 of ram is better or 2x2gb @667 dual channel is better? will ram @1066 make much diffrance or little?

one last question plz

is overclocking my cpu to 3.2 will make any diffrance? and can i make this on stock fan or i need new fan?

and what should be the voltage then? or i keep it automatic?

i need to play these games desperately and i gonna go bannana

i hope all people make usefull of my questions

and thanks for every thing again
hmm. not too sure what the issue could be. overclocking and a gpu upgrade would help but you're already running way slower than is normal. you're probably best off just playing them on your wii for now.
I had 4Gb Ram : 2Gb 667Mhz and 2Gb 800Mhz
When i used 4Gb then i lost 2 FPS in Hyrule Field (Zelda TP).Now i use 2Gb 800Mhz only
--> Ram does affect the speed
Edit : With nvidia 9800GT i run game at 1366*768,resolusion : 2x no slow-down
ram speed really affects speed a bit.
but not much more than 10%.
so when you play a game at 15fps you will have max 16,5fps with better ram. -> not noticable.
but when you play near fullspeed it is noticable - for games like f-zero gx for example. (54 vs 60fps) - and you will have less stutteringwhile playing with faster ram.
i like my CL4-4-3-11-19 @ 800Mhz ddr2 ram.

btw: do you use 64bit?
10% wow! sorry guys. i didn't realise ram had that much of an impact in dolphin. i might have to see if i can tighten my timings...
Pages: 1 2