Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: dolphin is slow but my specs is good,why?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
turingpest: use ganged mode in bios Wink - better for dolphin. (reduces stuttering alot in f-zero)
(07-15-2010, 11:33 PM)mahmoudkida Wrote: [ -> ]and 2gb @1066 of ram is better or 2x2gb @667 dual channel is better? will ram @1066 make much diffrance or little?

You must check your main board (motherboard) can support 1066Mhz or not(check in bios)
@FloW3184: thanks for the advice, but i get better performance using unganged mode. in ganged i lose 2-3fps in smg2, and it doesn't really help with f-zero stuttering. i'm quite (pleasantly) surprised at how much difference memory speed makes though. i lowered my ram from 1333mhz to 800 keeping the same timings and lost just over 10%, just like you said. i always thought ram was a 1 or 2% thing, and never knew how much performance could be lost/gained from slower ram. i'm going to continue playing with speed/timings to see if i can eke out a few more fps here and there.
also, a quick question while we're here (and relevant to the thread as the op is interested in smg2 performance and his lack thereof) - just wondering what sort of fps do you get in smg2 with your rig?
i use windows 7 x64

thanks all for your answers

i double checked everything

do you recommend i spacific build for me?
Pages: 1 2