Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How to speed-up Zelda: The Twilight Princess?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I played zelda at full speed since about a hour ago, then i entered in dark world and now it's very slow, about 15 fps. is there any way to speed it up?
thanks for replying.
Your CPU isn't really powerful powerfull.
You might want to look here.
(07-10-2010, 08:54 PM)darkshadw Wrote: [ -> ]Your CPU isn't really powerful powerfull.
I got a quad-core o.o
anyway dolphin uses about 50% of my CPU, so it wouldn't raise gaming fps..
Q6600 should be fine.

The usual canned answers to that question: Update all your drivers, use a newer revision of Dolphin (especially one of the ones with the Z:TP patch! Check the hyrule-field thread for builds) and use all of the "performance" settings (dual core, skip idle, EFB to texture, etc.)

For ways outside Dolphin: O/C your processor and get Windows 7, 64-bit. I can't believe you haven't done either of those two already Confused.
try to use Xtreme2damax latest builds...I myself today installed it...Huge speedup, especially in Hyrule field, the most controversial place in ZTP...

Hey X2D, give him your latest build link, or I will give you...
http://www.xtemu.com/forum/dolphin-x86x6...le125.html
(07-10-2010, 11:44 PM)jumb Wrote: [ -> ]Q6600 should be fine.

The usual canned answers to that question: Update all your drivers, use a newer revision of Dolphin (especially one of the ones with the Z:TP patch! Check the hyrule-field thread for builds) and use all of the "performance" settings (dual core, skip idle, EFB to texture, etc.)

For ways outside Dolphin: O/C your processor and get Windows 7, 64-bit. I can't believe you haven't done either of those two already Confused.
I use Dolphin 2.0, my drivers are updated and i hate win7 xD
(07-11-2010, 12:58 AM)Arpit Wrote: [ -> ]try to use Xtreme2damax latest builds...I myself today installed it...Huge speedup, especially in Hyrule field, the most controversial place in ZTP...

Hey X2D, give him your latest build link, or I will give you...
http://www.xtemu.com/forum/dolphin-x86x6...le125.html
game's slow also when i use this build =(
You need to enable the checkbox in the DX9 configuration and use the DX9 plugin. There's an option in the DX9 configuration under Enhancements, enable the checkbox for ZTP Speed-Up Hack. It mostly solves the issues with slowdowns in Hyrule Field, but other parts of the game will run full speed almost constantly. Later in the game Hyrule Field won't be full speed, but it will be much better than without the hack.

Without the hack on my system: 12 FPS - 15 FPS

With the hack on my system: 22 FPS - 25 FPS

Keep in mind that 30 FPS is full speed for this game. Wink
What rig you have X2D..????
(07-11-2010, 04:04 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]You need to enable the checkbox in the DX9 configuration and use the DX9 plugin. There's an option in the DX9 configuration under Enhancements, enable the checkbox for ZTP Speed-Up Hack. It mostly solves the issues with slowdowns in Hyrule Field, but other parts of the game will run full speed almost constantly. Later in the game Hyrule Field won't be full speed, but it will be much better than without the hack.

Without the hack on my system: 12 FPS - 15 FPS

With the hack on my system: 22 FPS - 25 FPS

Keep in mind that 30 FPS is full speed for this game. Wink
i can't find that enhacement
[/quote]
i can't find that enhacement
[/quote]

Download
Dolphin 5864 64 bit SSE3 enhanced + ZTP Speedup

Same, but for 32 bit OS

Go to Config->Plugins->Select Directx9->config->Enhancements->Enable ZTP-speedup hack

To keep old saves and data while updating:
copy gc and wii/title wii/sdraw and screenshots from user to newly downloaded one
Pages: 1 2 3