Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How to speed-up Zelda: The Twilight Princess?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(07-15-2010, 08:24 PM)paddox2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-11-2010, 04:04 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]You need to enable the checkbox in the DX9 configuration and use the DX9 plugin. There's an option in the DX9 configuration under Enhancements, enable the checkbox for ZTP Speed-Up Hack. It mostly solves the issues with slowdowns in Hyrule Field, but other parts of the game will run full speed almost constantly. Later in the game Hyrule Field won't be full speed, but it will be much better than without the hack.

Without the hack on my system: 12 FPS - 15 FPS

With the hack on my system: 22 FPS - 25 FPS

Keep in mind that 30 FPS is full speed for this game. Wink
i can't find that enhacement

Are you even looking? It's in the DX9 plugin so you will need to use the DX9 plugin.

Enhancements tab -> ZTP speed-up hack

Check the checkbox and you are good to go.

Your processor speed is also below the minimum recommended speed which is 2.8 Ghz - 3.0+ Ghz. That would explain the slowdowns you are experiencing, since I have full speed in that area with my processor clocked at 3.16 Ghz. Also make sure your configuration is tuned for performance, there should be some guides around here to configure the emulator for best performance.
(07-16-2010, 01:29 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]Are you even looking? It's in the DX9 plugin so you will need to use the DX9 plugin.

[Image: 5ofhg2.jpg]

(07-16-2010, 12:58 AM)Diathorus Wrote: [ -> ]Download
Dolphin 5864 64 bit SSE3 enhanced + ZTP Speedup

Same, but for 32 bit OS

Go to Config->Plugins->Select Directx9->config->Enhancements->Enable ZTP-speedup hack
[Image: noy4ra.jpg]
Update dx9 from microsoft's site, and you are using the wrong revision. That one doesn't have the ZTP hack.
(07-17-2010, 08:40 AM)Ocean Wrote: [ -> ]Update dx9 from microsoft's site, and you are using the wrong revision. That one doesn't have the ZTP hack.
I already have latest directx version.
I'm using Dolphin 2.0..
If dx9/11 plugins don't show up, you don't have the June 2010 updated dx9.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...laylang=en

Also you obviously need to download the revision that *has* the hack, how else would you enable it in enhancements. It doesn't exist in 2.0
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K4Q0A9EQ
(07-17-2010, 08:11 AM)paddox2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-16-2010, 01:29 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]Are you even looking? It's in the DX9 plugin so you will need to use the DX9 plugin.

[Image: 5ofhg2.jpg]

(07-16-2010, 12:58 AM)Diathorus Wrote: [ -> ]Download
Dolphin 5864 64 bit SSE3 enhanced + ZTP Speedup

Same, but for 32 bit OS

Go to Config->Plugins->Select Directx9->config->Enhancements->Enable ZTP-speedup hack
[Image: noy4ra.jpg]

You are probably not using the correct build, download the latest build available in the download system at Xtemu or use the other build that was linked to. You will need to update your DirectX runtimes to select the DX9 plugin, any future revisions from now on shouldn't require DX9 shouldn't require DX9 runtimes to be updated, but for these builds you will need to.

Latest build I have available, compiled with the Hyrule Field speed-up patch:

http://www.xtemu.com/forum/files/categor...vn-builds/
oh sorry guys.. i didn't know about june 2010 directx update..
using ztp hack game works fine, 96-100% speed =D
THANK YOU!!!!!!!
Your welcome, glad we could help. Big Grin
im having the same problem but i don't know my specs how do i find my specs
when i clicked the ztp hack it went up alittle but went down alot in performance
ok i follow the instrutions actrally you do need frame rate at least 1 cause i got full speed with 1 and well 0 well i get 80-90% so im gonna leave it at one thanks though i still don't know how to get my specs
(06-09-2011, 08:34 PM)thelightgod123 Wrote: [ -> ]when i clicked the ztp hack it went up alittle but went down alot in performance

Umm...ok?
Pages: 1 2 3