Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: OpenGL plugin faster Than DX9 plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, a couple of minutes ago i was reading a thread that says that the dx plugin its faster than the opengl plugin, well, this is not my case,
I run XP-SP3 and Win7 Ultimate both 32 bits, my dolphin SVN its r5460 with SSE41 32bits, and the opengl plugin it's 25-50% ( maybe more ) faster than the dx9 plugin, tried almost every possible config but dx always stays under opengl in performance, what about this? a new build might help me?

To explain my scenario my video config is a x800xl ati radeon and my drivers version are 9.1 ( I can't update them because my card it's old and not supported in new drivers updates ). I used to be using the 9.3_1 legacy drivers, however I must test this version of drivers tonight to see what happens, The SVN version that I'm using right now depends of d3d9_42.dll but "darkshadw" help me to get SVN 5842 which uses d3d9_43.dll ( other runtime that I didn't have), my questions are, with the d3d9_43.dll runtime I get more speed in DX9 plugin vs opengl? why my opengl plugin it's more fast?

LeaL
the thing about this is tht some games will run faster on opengl and others on direct X...it all depends on the game...this is wat ive noticed cuz when i play MP2 its faster with open gl but when i play supermario sunshine its faster with direct X.
You probably have Copy EFB to Ram enabled instead of Texture, things such as AA, EFB scale, and higher resolutions will cause slowdowns depending on your hardware. The latest commit by rodolfoosvaldobogado sped up EFB to Ram, but the option still causes minor slowdowns in some games. The DirectX 9 plugin depending on if it's configured correctly is generally faster than the OpenGL plugin. Be sure you are using the DirectX 9 plugin and not DirectX 11, as the DirectX 11 plugin is new and quite slow compared to DirectX 9 and OpenGL.
(07-08-2010, 05:28 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]You probably have Copy EFB to Ram enabled instead of Texture, things such as AA, EFB scale, and higher resolutions will cause slowdowns depending on your hardware. The latest commit by rodolfoosvaldobogado sped up EFB to Ram, but the option still causes minor slowdowns in some games. The DirectX 9 plugin depending on if it's configured correctly is generally faster than the OpenGL plugin. Be sure you are using the DirectX 9 plugin and not DirectX 11, as the DirectX 11 plugin is new and quite slow compared to DirectX 9 and OpenGL.

I got the Copy EFB to texture enable, no AA. I'm downloading your last build, thanks for that Smile hope it gets better, greetings.