Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: POST your "Home-Made" USB-sensor bar!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This is mine, according the size of original wii sensor bar (yes, i own a wii Big Grin), using four leds, 2 on left, 2 on right.

[Image: 1000028d.th.jpg] [Image: 1000030i.th.jpg] [Image: 1000031.th.jpg]

Based on this diagram (Spanish):

http://arteparasanarte.blogspot.com/2009...ermes.html
2 candles is what I use :p.
i just bought a battery powered extended range sensor bar for like 10 dollars and then cut a usb cable off of an old xbox contoller, soldered the negative and positive wires to their respective contacts, and now i dont have to bother changing the batteries out. =D was really little effort.... looks much cooler than a completely home made one.
(06-29-2010, 11:20 PM)inteGReddy Wrote: [ -> ]i just bought a battery powered extended range sensor bar for like 10 dollars and then cut a usb cable off of an old xbox contoller, soldered the negative and positive wires to their respective contacts, and now i dont have to bother changing the batteries out. =D was really little effort.... looks much cooler than a completely home made one.

Yes, the thing is, in my country you can only get the original sensor bar or a generic wirelless, and is very expensive.
Doing my own sendor bar 3/5 dollars, buying, 20/40 dollars Big Grin
(06-29-2010, 11:43 PM)achaw Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, the thing is, in my country you can only get the original sensor bar or a generic wirelless, and is very expensive.
Doing my own sendor bar 3/5 dollars, buying, 20/40 dollars Big Grin

this is the one i bought: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as..._-78815101

it uses 4 AA batteries, which is roughly ~5v. so... usb power source worked perfect. the only thing i dont like about this one is the auto shutoff feature. now that i have it running on usb i dont really need it to auto shutoff but oh well. im too lazy to take a pic of it right now but maybe later....
I'm using real wii sensor bar Tongue
here is what mine looks like. not homemade but it is custom.

[Image: uni0476.th.jpg]

[Image: uni0477.th.jpg]
here you see the negative solder..

[Image: uni0479.th.jpg]
here is the positive solder

[Image: uni0482.th.jpg]
looks factory ya bimbo!
mine is really ugly. Cardboard. Pics soon.
Does it work well? I'm thinking about making one and don't want to waste a ribbon cable on something that doesn't work. By the way, can you get a tutorial in English please?
I bought a wireless one. I hooked it up to a usb cord, but I think the cables were dodgy (my stripping skills weren't too good - don't take that out of context!), so I ended up using batteries anyway.
Pages: 1 2 3