Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: POST your "Home-Made" USB-sensor bar!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(07-03-2010, 02:11 AM)achaw Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-03-2010, 01:25 AM)Daco Wrote: [ -> ]the wiimote can work as good with regular LEDS as with the infra red LEDS from the sensor bar itself?
niiice
You need "transmitters" infrared LEDs
basicly all light has infrared light. hence why i was doubting if you were using regular or infrared LED's Smile
I know you can use the sensor bar from the wii by using it plugged into the wii.... but just like making the battery powered wireless on USB powered. Could you chop the cables up on the wii sensor bar and simply attach a USB end to it rather than the wii specific connector?

Surely the output of the wii is the same if not closely similar to that of a USB port?
~Nips~
(04-11-2012, 09:34 AM)PeachNipples Wrote: [ -> ]I know you can use the sensor bar from the wii by using it plugged into the wii.... but just like making the battery powered wireless on USB powered. Could you chop the cables up on the wii sensor bar and simply attach a USB end to it rather than the wii specific connector?

Surely the output of the wii is the same if not closely similar to that of a USB port?
~Nips~

People have done that and posted pictures on these forums. However, it is hard to do with such a narrow cable and the Wii doesn't provide the same voltage and current as a USB port.
I was sent this link by a mate of mine who I've been speaking to just

http://blog.deadlycomputer.com/2006/12/11/587/

apparently newer versions of the wii sensor bar (v2) have been made with only 3 LED's each side, and so that has dropped the power requirement enough for a simple cable swap to be performed. can any one verify if this is actually true (I mean it seems legit)

as for the cable swap, surely you could disconnect the old cable the wii bar uses and replace it completely with a usb cable (considering of course that the design IS using 3 LED's which lowers the power usage enough for USB to power the bar)

I want to get into my sensor bar and see if its this 3 LED design as opposed to the 5 LED ones. But unfortunately I can't find a driver head (flat or otherwise) small enough to do the screws properly :/

~Nips~
(04-11-2012, 10:51 AM)PeachNipples Wrote: [ -> ]I want to get into my sensor bar and see if its this 3 LED design as opposed to the 5 LED ones. But unfortunately I can't find a driver head (flat or otherwise) small enough to do the screws properly :/

Take a picture of it on.
I would, but I don't have my wii on me.... Thats why I wanna know. because if it is, I was gonna try swapping the cable out for a usb one, to see if it could be powered by my computers USB. *sigh* this sucks, it means Ima have to head into town tomorrow and see if I can find any screw drivers that are either small enough to do the screws properly, the actualy right driver heads, break it apart or take it some where see if some one else has the right tools for it ¬_¬

~Nips~
Quote:apparently newer versions of the wii sensor bar (v2) have been made with only 3 LED's each side, and so that has dropped the power requirement enough for a simple cable swap to be performed. can any one verify if this is actually true (I mean it seems legit)

Unfortunately it doesn't work like that, as the resistors used are stronger. If you are converting a wired bar to USB then you do need to swap the resistors for weaker ones (or even diodes if you have the strange after-market bar I have, which practically needs no resistance, so diodes are enough).
Pages: 1 2 3