Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: New OpenCL Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It's looking pretty cool, and I compiled rev5807 build, but when I try to open any game with any plugin when OpenCL is enabled it just gives me a black screen, it doesnt even show the hardware information in the top of the screen, so I'd like to know what exactly is needed to use OpenCL... I searched the foruns as aways but couldnt find anything but that I will need to update my DirectX SDKs, wich I already did some weeks ago...

- Have Lastest DX SDK (june 2010)
- using 64bit build
- GeForce 9500 GT (Complete hardware and OS in Sig)

Could it be the Graphics driver?? If so, what version should I use?

Thanx for tha info Big Grin !!

BTW, What exactly is OpenCL?? LOL
Let the game load for 10-20seconds... As in, don't close the black screen. OpenCL Builds need to do this.
I have the same problem. I loaded an OpenCL build with OpenCL enabled, and it opens 3 cmd.exe windows then shuts them, then sits there with a black screen gobbling up system memory at about 2-3 megs a second till either the system runs out of memory or I kill the process. If I disable OpenCL, it loads normally.

ATI Radeon 4850 512MB, Catalyst 10.6, Ati Stream 2.1 SDK
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ with 2GB DDR2 SDRAM.
Well for starters make sure you have the latest drivers for nvidia (forceware 257 I believe) and the latest for ati (catalyst 10.6 I think). For ATI you will also need the steam SDK for it to work. Then assuming you have a modern os, hardware that supports opencl, and directx is up to date you should be fine (all of which you have).
Well Im pretty sure my 9500 gt supports OpenCl, but I will search, and I will try waiting sometime for the game to load to see if something happens, thanks for the information.
Advice I got from another topic was not to copy over the entire user folder when migrating to a new build. Just copy the wii/title subfolder for your saves

Otherwise, opencl acceleration will just lead to funny bugs like this.
[Image: kahctj.png]
[Image: w16vjn.png]

Just don't copy the entire user folder to a newer revision and the bug would go away.

Though personally I saw no difference between opencl and no-OCL (ocl was actually making things slightly slower)
Quote:Well Im pretty sure my 9500 gt supports OpenCl, but I will search, and I will try waiting sometime for the game to load to see if something happens, thanks for the information.

Yes it does. Any nvidia card in the 8 series or higher automatically supports it. Not sure about ATI.
I updated my gfx driver and now it works, but I have to wait like 30 secs for the game to start, but thats actually pretty acceptable, but I didnt notice any speed boosts yet, anyone knows why?
At the moment the dx9 plugin is faster in newer revisions. The dx11 plugin is still a work in progress.
Wait, I was talking about using OpenCL, not about DirectX11 Plugin... When Tried using OpenCL I was using DX9 Plugin, OpenCL works with it doesnt it?? Just worked for me...

EDIT: sorry, I was using OpenGL plugin, just noticed that, OpenGL plugin worked with OpenCL, DX9 Plugin wont, just a black screen and game sound... Anyways I think I will compile a newer build, the settings are crazy, it saves them only when it wants..... This is happening to my neighbor to, he uses my compiles... Could there be anything wrong with my compilation??

EDIT2: Just managed to start a game with DX9 Plugin and OpenCL enabled, and man, thats what I call an speed boost! The game I tested was Super Mario Sunshine, and I dont have a killer PC, it's good, but nothing impressive, and SMS was still a little slow, but now with OpenCL it is on 100% even in those levels where it used to run at 50% speed !!! It was still very unstable, it was only running when it wanted, but thats must be because this build seems to dislike when we mess around with the settings, now that it is set up it is running fine.....
Pages: 1 2