Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How to play the wii game on the pc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The one thing I don't understand is how to get the wii game onto the PC. The disks are too small to fit right? So how do you do it LEGALLY?

I'm just new.
the wii games physically have the same size of a normal CD/DVD

To dump them you can use your pc+rawdump ( It your drive is supported ). Or a homebrew enabled wii + superdump ( is the fastest dumper ) + a SD/SDHC/USB device
This is the guide I used which i found from googling how to back up discs: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/471073

There is a link to the lists of drives in that post. I bought a drive off ebay for AU$32, so it's pretty cheap.

The one thing that's missing from this post is that Rawrdump apparently doesn't work too well with dual layer discs (eg. super smash bros. brawl) so for that you need Friidump.
Just use imgburn software it created the iso directly(it just take 10 minutes one game)
And u can use all type of dvd drive
(06-28-2010, 11:39 AM)Travixyz Wrote: [ -> ]Just use imgburn software it created the iso directly(it just take 10 minutes one game)
And u can use all type of dvd drive

That's to create a wii disc from an .iso, not the other way around.
You can use rawdump 2.0 to rip a gamecube/wii image from the physical disk to your harddrive, then play it on dolphin. I used this method succesfully with a pioneer drive and a lg-8162b drive on a load of games. Those drives are very cheap (you can find them for about $5-$10 on ebay and such sites)
1. Which ones of those are legal?
2. What is a Rawdump?
All are legal,Rawdump is a program that if used in conjunction with a special/supported drive will create a dolphin/CD/DVD image (.iso) That dolphin can play from a legal disc that you bought

muahahahauz

im 99% sure, but i can be wrong.
but i think if you bought de game and have it with you, you can download an iso and play on pc. as far as i remember there was something similar with gb/gba roms.

sorry for my bad english
(06-29-2010, 07:56 AM)muahahahauz Wrote: [ -> ]im 99% sure, but i can be wrong.
but i think if you bought de game and have it with you, you can download an iso and play on pc. as far as i remember there was something similar with gb/gba roms.

sorry for my bad english
no, if the Internet gets involved then it's not legal
Pages: 1 2 3